Michigan reaches a key step for online gambling passage in 2018. Doug Polk starts a crypto-based YouTube channel. Find these stories and more in the Wednesday Hit and Run.
Michigan Online Gambling BIll Passes Commitee
A Michigan House Committee has approved an online gambling bill that could increase the state’s chances of passing legislation during 2018. H 4926 was passed in the House Regulatory Reform Committee by a vote of 12-3.
The new online gambling bill has notable changes from a previous bill considered by the Senate. For one, online gambling servers must be located in existing casinos so that online gambling would not be considered an expansion of gambling but rather an additional product.
In addition, the new bill establishes a new tax distribution, which will be reduced from 15% to 10%.
The 2017 Michigan legislative session ends on Thursday, but state law allows for efforts to pick up right where they left off next year.
— PokerPlayersAlliance (@ppapoker) December 13, 2017
– Doug Polk has launched a new YouTube Channel called “Doug Polk Crypto” where he dives into the world of cryptocurrencies.
– Matthew Clark from US Poker has selected five great poker destinations for you to visit during 2018.
– John Racener was recently a featured guest on a new reality show called “Sheffield Real Estate,” which is being broadcast on the FYI Television Network.
— John Racener (@racener) December 1, 2017
– Satellite casinos were a big part of the gambling expansion legislation that Pennsylvania passed in October. Part Time Poker’s David Hub examines where the likely locations may be.
– Wednesday’s classic Grinderschool.com poker training video of the day continues to look at the “Key Concepts in PLO” series. Episode 3 takes a look at blinds play.