Las Vegas mass shooting leads to security questions. A large shareholder of 888 Holdings to sell shares. Check out these stories and more in the Wednesday Hit and Run.
Las Vegas Contemplates Future Security
The Las Vegas mass shooting continues to dominate the news in the United States. One aspect that has been the a top subject of discussion is how to prevent a tragedy from occurring again.
Security is already rampant at Las Vegas casinos but is primarily limited to activity on the casino floor. The future of security at Las Vegas casinos could resemble that of the Wynn, which last year installed invisible metal detectors and security guards training for terrorist attacks. After the events on Sunday, the casino has also started inspecting customer bags.
Wynn Hotel adds metal detectors at its entrances as debate rages about airport-style security https://t.co/pHRl8SuDrN
— Daily Mail US (@DailyMail) October 4, 2017
Meanwhile, Boyd Gaming announced via social media and its websites that it is giving away free hotel rooms to families of victims of the attack. Victims or family members can call 888-582-6278 and mention offer code ZSTRIP for a complimentary room.
– One of the largest shareholders at 888 Holdings has announced that they intend to sell shares in the company. The stake held by the Shaked Family represents 12.9% of the company and is ramping up speculation that there could be a takeover as the market has underwent consolidation over the last few years.
– Anybody that watches a movie knows a certain amount of suspension of belief has to take place to truly enjoy a movie. In a entertaining post on US Poker, Bart Shirley looks at how Hollywood always seems to get poker wrong. Below is a sampling of one of the more famous poker movie scenes:
– Poker player Phil Galfond has a launched a new DFS site called Draftboard with a focus on recreational players. The new service is available to United States players and only offers NFL contests at the moment.
– Upswing Poker is closing the doors of its Pot Limit Omaha University service to new members as of October 9th. Beginning of October 23rd, the PLO Lab will be introduced, a new subscription library that promises to “provide members with advanced strategies” devised from solvers such as MonkerSolver.
– Grinderschool.com poker training video of the day is the conclusion of the $26 MTT Knockout series. Part 5 of 5 covers short stacks as the final table approaches.