John Juanda scores a big win against Fedor Holz. Day 2 of the WSOP Europe nears completion. Check out these stories and more in the Friday Hit and Run.
John Juanda Bests Fedor for $2.9 Million Victory
John Juanda was victorious in a four and a half hour heads-up match against Fedor Holz at the Triton Super High Roller Series Main Event on Friday evening. The victory added nearly $2.9 million in USD to Juanda’s total, putting him at 7th place on the all time live tournament list – just one spot below 6th place Phil Ivey.
Despite coming up short, Fedor Holz’s second place was good enough for just over $2.1 million. Kahle Burns finished third for $1.3 million while Andrian Mateos took home nearly $891k. The event also attracted Erik Seidel, Poker Masters’s champion Steffen Sontheimer and Isaac Haxton, who finished in 8th.
— HighstakesDB (@highstakesdb) October 20, 2017
– The World Series of Poker Europe €1,100 MONSTER STACK No Limit Hold’em resumed on Friday with the Day 1B flight. Ismael Bojang led the first flight with 208,000 chips. Day 1C will get underway at 2 PM local time on Saturday. Watch PokerNews for live updates.
Do you care about WSOP Europe? Martin Derbyshire asks if American players really care about WSOPE.
– A look at US Poker’s top poker YouTube videos of the week. Watch Doug Polk break down last weekend’s King of the Hill final featuring Shaun Deeb against Olivier Busquet.
– A Pennsylvania Senator says that if everything falls into place a gaming packages could be voted on as early as next week. We’ll believe it when we see it.
– Alex and Andrew return for Season 2 of the PTP Podcast where they are joined by Upswing Poker coach Miikka Anttonen to discuss a variety of topics.
– Grinderschool.com poker training video of the day is a contination of the “Fishing Season” series. Episode 3 of 7 focuses on Nits and how to beat different types of fish.
Top photo from Danny Maxwell at PokerNews.