More information revealed for soon-to-launch interstate poker player pool. Brandon Adams wins $370k at the Seminole Hard Rocka. Find these stories and more in the Tuesday Hit and Run.
Multi-state Online Poker FAQ
Making huge news yesterday was the announcement that a unified United States poker player pool would go live on WSOP.com on May 1st for players located in Delaware, Nevada and New Jersey. Eric Ramsey from Online Poker Report has put together an excellent FAQ for players located in the three states.
Additional information can be found from Steve Ruddock of US Poker.
In other New Jersey poker news, players on the East Coast are flocking to the Borgata Spring Open, which is set to begin on April 22nd.
– Brandon Adams took down the $25,500 High Roller Reentry at the Seminole Hard Rock Poker Showdown for $370,000, putting him above $3 million in tournament winnings.
– partypoker’s Patrick Leonard was apparently a driving force for partypoker’s recent rake changes. Over the weekend, partypoker announced that the poker room would remove rake from the bounty on all Knockout multi-table tournaments for six months.
"After reviewing feedback from the poker community and lobbying from Patrick Leonard, we will remove rake on the bounty element on all our PKO MTTs with effect from Sunday 6th May", says @tom_waters. https://t.co/S39qrCDNoL pic.twitter.com/ikbMT0mhdw
— partypoker (@partypoker) April 14, 2018
– Cracking Aces: A Woman’s Place at the Poker Table is currently being featured at film festivals around the country. Poker fans can watch a trailer for the documentary below:
Here's the trailer for a new #poker documentary that is making the rounds at film festivals around the country. It focuses on women in poker and a lot of prominent female players are featured (including yours truly). I'm hoping to see it soon myself 🙂https://t.co/3uVyGoqsHl
— Dr. Tricia Cardner (@DrTriciaCardner) April 15, 2018
– PokerGo has released a short 5-minute documentary on the famed Bobby’s Room at the Bellagio as part of the “Stories from the Felt” series. Watch it below:
– Fahredin Mustafov won the €10,300 High Roller at the Grand Final Barcelona, marking the end of the 9 day run. In winning first place, Mustafov took home $493,632. Isaac Haxton finished in second to win $339k while Benjamin Pollack won $246,816.
– From the Fake News Bin: Billionare bets 22 year old poker player $1 million he can’t hold his breath underwater for 20 minutes.
– Grinderschool.com poker training video of the day is part 6 in CodeRed’s “Poker 201” series. In this episode, CodeRed talks about how to play draws post-flop.