The 2015 World Series of Poker Europe Main Event attracted over 300 players. StarsDraft makes an unprecedented decision and ceases offering real money DFS in all but four “safe” states. More info on the Global Poker League.
Event #9: Day 1a of the World Series of Poker Europe Main Event attracted 109 players on Sunday – 57 of whom made it through to Tuesday’s Day 2. At the time of writing (registration is open until the start of Day 2), 206 people showed up for Day 1b of the tournament on Monday.
A few more players will likely register before all is said and done, but overall, this is a huge drop from previous years:
Upcoming: The High Roller tournament (the final event of the series) gets underway on Wednesday.
More updates available at WSOP.com live reporting.
In a somewhat shocking move, StarsDraft, the daily fantasy sports site owned by PokerStars’ parent company Amaya Gaming, has decided to preemptively leave all gray U.S. markets. From here on out (or until legislation is passed) StarsDraft will only operate in four states:
Legal Sports Report has more details on this very interesting development.
- The Global Poker League draft will take place in conjunction with the American Poker Awards in February.
- An external review by a law firm hired by DraftKings has concluded that Ethan Haskell DID NOT use inside information to gain an edge at rival site FanDuel. You may recall Haskell is the employee who accidentally posted ownership percentages before contests were locked at DraftKings.
- Bovada’s “fairness” is called into question by a very long column (like insanely long) by researchers. Who the researchers were hired by is one of the unanswered questions people have concerning the accusations.
- Check out the latest installment of the Forum Files. This week Alex Weldon takes a look at several interesting topics ranging from the scheduling change at the WSOPE to accusations of unpaid Open Faced Chinese debts.
- PKR Poker has decided to disband its Team Pro, sating the concept no longer fits with their business model.
- Olivier Busquet and JC Alvarado will have an MMA style fight with the winner reviving a six-figure payday from the loser.
|Don't want to deposit? Try free bankrolls.|
Major room, easy qualify
Good for MTT / SNGs Only
|Complete Online Poker Room Reviews|
|Bet365 Bonus Code: PBONUS|
|PlanetWin365 Promotion Code: 5CGQYAAAABZGE3TB|
|888 Poker Review and Bonus|
|Sky Casino and Poker Review|
Online since 2004, PartTimePoker.com brings together a unique combination of top-paying poker rakeback and prop offers and a variety of poker-related content including poker news, strategy articles, free poker training reviews and the latest Poker News and Gossip. PartTimePoker.com - your best source for online poker.
PTP offers several rakeback and free bankroll offers for our viewers. If you're not familiar with rakeback, read our guide to online poker rakeback. To learn how much you could be earning with rakeback, check out our rakeback calculator.
Free and no deposit bankrolls (also called free poker money) are essentially promotional deals we've arranged with rooms where they give you a small amount of money (usually $10-$150) started.