bwin.party making headlines as sale rumors intensify. Is Pennsylvania going to explore iLottery and Fantasy Sports? WSOP.com Nevada turns 2. And more.
According to an article in Forbes, 888 has upped their bid in an effort to stave off a late push by GVC Holdings. The details of the new 888 bid were not disclosed. 888 is the safer of the two suitors, so even if the new bid doesn’t approach GVC’s they could still wind up with bwin.party.
Speaking of bwin.party, in an interview with eGR Magazine, bwin.party CEO Norbert Teufelberger indicated that the company is not giving up on poker, but they are not going to invest heavily in the poker for the foreseeable future.
Teufelberger’s exact quote was: “We have not given up on poker, but we are not investing heavily into the vertical anymore”
- With budget talks at an impasse (and online gaming expansion being one of the issues on the table) the Pennsylvania legislature is considering other online gaming options including lottery and games of skill. These topics will be broached in hearings in September and October.
- WSOP.com Nevada quietly turned two this week.
- Brian Hastings made a number of big bets in the lead up to the 2015 WSOP, but now he’s having trouble collecting after his own questionable behavior has come to light.
- DraftKings is approaching unchartered territory when it comes to TV ad buys, as the company is now approaching GEICO levels of saturation, and there are no signs the company is slowing down anytime soon. In fact, DraftKings ad buys have hit unprecedented levels BEFORE the NFL season kicks off.
- Plainridge Casino, a slots parlor/racetrack located just over the northern border in Massachusetts was opened in late June, and in just six weeks its impact is already being felt in Rhode Island, as July revenue was down nearly 4% year-over-year.
|Don't want to deposit? Try free bankrolls.|
Major room, easy qualify
Good for MTT / SNGs Only
|Complete Online Poker Room Reviews|
|Bet365 Bonus Code: PBONUS|
|PlanetWin365 Promotion Code: 5CGQYAAAABZGE3TB|
|888 Poker Review and Bonus|
|Sky Casino and Poker Review|
Online since 2004, PartTimePoker.com brings together a unique combination of top-paying poker rakeback and prop offers and a variety of poker-related content including poker news, strategy articles, free poker training reviews and the latest Poker News and Gossip. PartTimePoker.com - your best source for online poker.
PTP offers several rakeback and free bankroll offers for our viewers. If you're not familiar with rakeback, read our guide to online poker rakeback. To learn how much you could be earning with rakeback, check out our rakeback calculator.
Free and no deposit bankrolls (also called free poker money) are essentially promotional deals we've arranged with rooms where they give you a small amount of money (usually $10-$150) started.