An improbable winner emerges at the inaugural WPT Tournament of Champions. Another bicycle prop bet… when will it end. eSports is big business. And more.
The tournament was open to all former World Poker Tour champions, and considering the names on that list one expected a Mike Mizrachi, or a Daniel Negreanu, or an Anthony Zinno to walk away with the trophy and cash and prizes. Instead it was a little known former WPT winner, Farid Yachou, who will go down as the first WPT TOC Champion after a brilliant display of poker from the 2015 WPT Amsterdam winner – which was the Dutch player’s only live cash before his TOC win.
With just two entries, Yachou has one of the most impressive Hendon Mob pages in poker, as both cashes are six-figure WPT victories.
Making it even more improbable, this was Yachou’s first trip to the United States, and if his buy-in wasn’t already paid for he likely would never have shown up, as he’s scared to fly.
You can read more on the improbable victory from PocketFives.com EIC Lance Bradley, who was on hand at the tournament.
- Yesterday’s H&R detailed how the World Poker Tour’s unveiling of the Action Clock went over really well with the poker community, and today I offered up my thoughts on how the clock could be improved.
- Brian Rast will be the next poker player to bike from Las Vegas to Los Angeles, only Rast will have to make the journey with zero training, although he is getting 6-1 odds. Interestingly, both Bill Perkins and Dan Bilzerian have bet against him, due to the different rules in place:
Differences between my bet & @DanBilzerian: no drafting, 320 miles (30 more), only road bike (no recumbent), I've had 3 days of training.
— Brian Rast (@tsarrast) April 25, 2016
- Carl Carodenuto has defended his MSPT Canterbury Park title, and in the process he became the seventh player in MSPT history to win multiple titles. Carodenuto pocketed just over $90k for his latest win.
- Dustin Gouker outlines each of the four active bills in New York, Pennsylvania, California, and Michigan that would legalize online gambling.
- Gambling Insider’s David Cook talked to GVC CEO Kenny Alexander, who spoke glowingly about the company’s recently acquired asset, bwin.party.
- eSports is a hot topic in the gaming industry, and considering a new report puts eSports revenue at over $460 million in CY2016, one can see why.
|Don't want to deposit? Try free bankrolls.|
Major room, easy qualify
Good for MTT / SNGs Only
|Complete Online Poker Room Reviews|
|PlanetWin365 Promotion Code: 5CGQYAAAABZGE3TB|
|Sky Casino Poker Review: No Deposit Bonus|
|Bet365 Bonus Code: BONUS101|
Online since 2004, PartTimePoker.com brings together a unique combination of top-paying poker rakeback and prop offers and a variety of poker-related content including poker news, strategy articles, free poker training reviews and the latest Poker News and Gossip. PartTimePoker.com - your best source for online poker.
PTP offers several rakeback and free bankroll offers for our viewers. If you're not familiar with rakeback, read our guide to online poker rakeback. To learn how much you could be earning with rakeback, check out our rakeback calculator.
Free and no deposit bankrolls (also called free poker money) are essentially promotional deals we've arranged with rooms where they give you a small amount of money (usually $10-$150) started.