Winamax mistakenly gives a player $1.5 million… hilarity ensues. Bill Perkins’ and Dan Bilzerian’s $600k prop bet. Online poker bill dies in Washington State legislature. And more.
Every now and then a story comes along that is hard to believe – which is saying something when you’ve followed the ins and outs of the poker world since the late 1990’s. But this was certainly the case this morning when Twitter caught hold of the following story detailing how Winamax had accidentally deposited $1.5 million into a player’s account.
As crazy as that is (imagine being that player and logging on to the site) what happened next was even crazier. Apparently unphased by the mysterious sum of money, the player decided to put that money to work at the online poker tables. Fortunately, he only lost about $3,000, but decided to withdraw $9,000.
Winamax was willing to forgive the $3,000 in losses but asked the player to return the $9,000 withdrawal. He declined. And here we are.
- Not content with getting Antonio Esfandiari booted from the PokerStars PCA, Bill Perkins has already moved on to another prop bet, this time with poker player Dan Bilzerian. So what’s the new wager? Perkins has apparently bet Bilzerian $600k that he can’t’ ride a bicycle from Los Angeles to Las Vegas in 48 hours. It’s doable, but you have to factor in the locale, as a lot of the trip will be through the desert.
- In the latest edition of the Forum Files we take a look at the paradox some poker players must face; should I out the person who scammed me or owes me money, or should I keep quiet and hope I can still get paid?
- John Mehaffey’s monthly offshore payment processing report is up, for those of you still playing at offshore sites who want to see who’s paying and who isn’t.
- Pocket Fives Dan Cypra talked to Global Poker League founder Alex Dreyfus to get his thoughts on why the upstart poker league has been such a rousing success thus far.
- For the second consecutive year, a bill that would legalize and regulate online poker in Washington State has been left for dead, failing to meet the legislative deadline.
- A historical look at the effect online poker has on brick & mortar poker rooms, and why brick & mortar casinos should embrace online poker regulation even if they don’t intend to launch a site.
|Don't want to deposit? Try free bankrolls.|
Major room, easy qualify
Good for MTT / SNGs Only
|Complete Online Poker Room Reviews|
|PlanetWin365 Promotion Code: 5CGQYAAAABZGE3TB|
|888 Poker Review and Bonus|
|Sky Casino and Poker Review|
|Bet365 Bonus Code: BONUS101|
Online since 2004, PartTimePoker.com brings together a unique combination of top-paying poker rakeback and prop offers and a variety of poker-related content including poker news, strategy articles, free poker training reviews and the latest Poker News and Gossip. PartTimePoker.com - your best source for online poker.
PTP offers several rakeback and free bankroll offers for our viewers. If you're not familiar with rakeback, read our guide to online poker rakeback. To learn how much you could be earning with rakeback, check out our rakeback calculator.
Free and no deposit bankrolls (also called free poker money) are essentially promotional deals we've arranged with rooms where they give you a small amount of money (usually $10-$150) started.