Slow down on the online gaming obituaries. Poland starts the process to legalize online poker. Daniel Cates wins the PokerStars Sunday 500. And more.
Online gaming expansion in the U.S. is starting to look pretty bleak, but according to Chris Grove, even though things are trending down, all hope is not yet lost.
Through his sources Grove was able to temper the pessimism caused by New York Assemblyman Gary Pretlow’s statements to the iGaming North America conference, where he gave 100-to-1 odds on an online poker bill passing this year. According to Grove, the situation is not as dire as the Assemblyman made it out to be.
Beyond New York, it looks worse in California and Pennsylvania than it did just a few weeks ago, and with legislative deadlines fast approaching, we may soon be taking up the “there’s always next year” chants relatively soon.
- Is Poland ready to legalize online poker? According to PokerNews.com’s Jason Glatzer, the country’s parliament is expected to start the process in the very near future.
- The second installment of USA Today’s Global Poker League Power Rankings has been posted (for the Eurasia Conference) and while there is a tie at the top between the London Royals and the Paris Aviators, it’s the rise of the Hong Kong Stars that has drawn the most attention.
- Fresh off his somewhat controversial appearance on the Global Poker League, Dan Cates was back in more familiar environs – online poker – and managed to win the PokerStars Sunday 500. He also found the time to needle his GPL opponent ElkY, where he effectively did the 2016 version of “Heads Up for Rollz!”
- Before you run around quoting the numbers from the New Jersey Division of Gaming online revenue reports you should read this column, which will provide you with a better understanding of how and why the revenue numbers fluctuate from month-to-month.
- The nominees for the GPI European Poker Awards have been announced – check them out here.
|Don't want to deposit? Try free bankrolls.|
Major room, easy qualify
Good for MTT / SNGs Only
|Complete Online Poker Room Reviews|
|PlanetWin365 Promotion Code: 5CGQYAAAABZGE3TB|
|Sky Casino Poker Review: No Deposit Bonus|
|Bet365 Bonus Code: BONUS101|
Online since 2004, PartTimePoker.com brings together a unique combination of top-paying poker rakeback and prop offers and a variety of poker-related content including poker news, strategy articles, free poker training reviews and the latest Poker News and Gossip. PartTimePoker.com - your best source for online poker.
PTP offers several rakeback and free bankroll offers for our viewers. If you're not familiar with rakeback, read our guide to online poker rakeback. To learn how much you could be earning with rakeback, check out our rakeback calculator.
Free and no deposit bankrolls (also called free poker money) are essentially promotional deals we've arranged with rooms where they give you a small amount of money (usually $10-$150) started.