Evidence supportive of PokerStars Rake and VIP changes. WPT and Dusk Till Dawn team up for Devilfish Cup. Erstwhile poker pro Tony G returns to the poker tables. And more.
Amaya’s earnings call was filled with announcements, but lost within the shuffle of rising revenue and the installation of Rafi Ashkenazi as the company’s permanent CEO (replacing David Baazov, who’s currently facing insider trading charges) was the stabilization of the company’s poker products.
During the earnings call, Ashkenazi made it clear that the controversial VIP cuts and rake changes were helping, and having no adverse effects. According to Ashkenazi, there were “no negative revenue impact from high revenue players,” and, “bankrolls from recreational and casual players are lasting longer.”
Since I was one of the peopled beating the drum for these types of changes, I took a deep dive into what it likely means now, and moving forward.
- Speaking of Amaya, the company’s embattled CEO may be out, but he’s apparently not down, and is still considering leveraging his 20% ownership stake in the company for a buyout, according to the French language Canadian paper La Presse. From the sounds of it, Baazov and Amaya have officially cut ties, but they’re future could still potentially be interconnected.
- The World Poker Tour will honor the late David “Devilfish” Ulliott with a £1 million guaranteed tournament, dubbed the Devilfish Cup, which will take place at Dusk Till Dawn Casino in Ulliott’s old stomping grounds of Nottingham. PocketFives.com has all the specifics here.
- Last week, poker writer Will Shillibier broke the news that the GPL would be changing its playoff and finals plans, and this week he offers up some thoughts on what might be transpiring behind the scenes at Global poker League headquarters.
- One of the most entertaining players in poker history, turned Lithuanian politician, was back at the poker tables on Monday, as Tony G sat down in the Celebrity Cash King’s game.
- 888 and Rank have once again been Motumbo’ed by William Hill, as the UK bookmaker continues to reject buyout offers.
- Donald Trump is hitting new personal lows in the polls, and he’s hitting new lows in the betting markets too, as the odds of Trump becoming the next President of the United States are growing longer by the day.
|Don't want to deposit? Try free bankrolls.|
Major room, easy qualify
Good for MTT / SNGs Only
|Complete Online Poker Room Reviews|
|Bet365 Bonus Code: PBONUS|
|PlanetWin365 Promotion Code: 5CGQYAAAABZGE3TB|
|888 Poker Review and Bonus|
|Sky Casino and Poker Review|
Online since 2004, PartTimePoker.com brings together a unique combination of top-paying poker rakeback and prop offers and a variety of poker-related content including poker news, strategy articles, free poker training reviews and the latest Poker News and Gossip. PartTimePoker.com - your best source for online poker.
PTP offers several rakeback and free bankroll offers for our viewers. If you're not familiar with rakeback, read our guide to online poker rakeback. To learn how much you could be earning with rakeback, check out our rakeback calculator.
Free and no deposit bankrolls (also called free poker money) are essentially promotional deals we've arranged with rooms where they give you a small amount of money (usually $10-$150) started.