Stephen Chidwick wins the third event of the US Poker Open. partypoker announces their next software upgrade. And poker players react to the recent Bitcoin rollercoaster. Check out these stories and more in the Tuesday Hit and Run.
Chidwick Wins $25,000 NLHE at US Poker Open
Stephen Chidwick was victorious in Event #3 of the US Poker Open on Monday. in his path to victory in the $25,000 No Limit Hold’em event, Chidwick outlasted a final table that included Nick Schulman, Daniel Negreanu and Keith Tilston. With the win, Chidwick took home $374,000 in 1st place prize money against a field of 44 entrants.
— Poker Central (@PokerCentral) February 6, 2018
After attracting 45 entries, the final table of Event #4, the $25,000 Mixed Game Championship began with Isaac Haxton holding the chip lead over Chidwick, Phil Hellmuth, Chris Vitch and Dan Shak. Haxton held onto his lead through mid-afternoon while seeing early exits from Phil Hellmuth, Dan Shak and Benjamin Pollak.
Tuesday also saw the start of the USPO Event #5, the $10,000 No Limit Hold’em. After two hours, 31 players have entered the tournament.
With a victory in Event #3 and a strong showing in #4, Stephen Chidwick currently has the overall lead in the US Poker Open standings.
– Partypoker has revealed new software update slated for February 24th that will add a number of “significant improvements.” Among the features highlighted are new table design, new player plates, improved player note display and other smaller enhancements. partypoker followed that news up with an announcement of “Team Online,” a group of sponsored players focusing on the online game in addition to competing at global partypoker events. Renato Nomura, Lui Martins, Day Kotoviezy and Josip Simunic were all revealed as new Team Online members.
In other partypoker news, the poker room has announced details of their new MTT leaderboard will award weekly prizes of $60,000 including ten $5,300 Online Millions tickets.
– Poker News takes a look at how poker players are reacting to the decline of Bitcoin while US Poker’s Steve Ruddock asks whether a bear market in Bitcoin could impact World Series of Poker attendance, given the popularity of the digital currency with poker players.
Hope everyone spent their #Bitcoin for some Lambo's in January. At this point it's looking like a much stronger investment vehicle.
— Doug Polk (@DougPolkPoker) February 5, 2018
– ICYMI: Recent Aussie Millions of winners include Vincent Huang, Felix Stephensen, Andreas Klatt, Tam Truong and Michael Tchong.
– Part Time Poker’s David Huber previews Michigan’s efforts to regulate online gambling. Will the state become the 5th to regulate online gambling during 2018?
– In a recent interview with Joey Ingram, Parker Talbot mentioned that sponsored pros typically earn between $40,000 and $300,000 a year. Could that $300,000 a year be going to PokerStars’ Jason Somerville?
– Pennsylvania will announce the auction winner of its third mini casino license on Wednesday.
– Grinderschool.com poker training video of the day continues a look on “Advanced SNG Concepts.” In this episode (2/10), Againstime breaks down stack sizes and commitment threshold decisions in these games.