California still a long shot to pass an online poker bill. EPT payout structure changes explained. Jason Somerville will live stream from Deepstacks Live Championship. And more.
California is back in the long shot category.
Changes to California’s online poker bill has brought about a slew of changes, where up is down and black is white, but what it hasn’t changed is the bill’s chances to pass.
The new suitability language may have gained the support of the Pechanga coalition, but at the same time it lost the support of the equally powerful PokerStars coalition, and it now appears that the bill’s chances of being brought up for a vote Monday (which seemed likely just a couple days ago) are slipping.
- In the throes of bankruptcy, every dollar suddenly counts for Caesars Entertainment. Which is why a recent settlement of a class action lawsuit brought by one of the company’s debt holders is a good sign, as the plaintiff has agreed to drop the suit and support the company’s chapter 11 restructuring in exchange for Caesars paying his legal fees and extra cash for certain unsecured bondholders.
- The PokerStars European Poker tour (EPT) has switched to a 20% payout structure, and suffice it to say, the professional poker community is none too pleased with this. The EPT’s Neil Johnson explained the motives behind the change to PokerNws.com.
- An article in the LA Times sheds some light on the incestuous nature of the political system. According to the Times, former US Representative Gary Condit’s firm is lobbying the California legislature for online poker on behalf of the Pechanga Band of Luiseno Indians. What makes the story more interesting than usual is Assemblyman Adam Gray (the author and champion of online poker efforts in California) is married to Condit’s daughter.
- Poker writer Jennifer Newell talked to two-time World Series of Poker bracelet winner Kristen Bicknell about poker, travelling and risks.
- After performing the same duties at the Aussie Millions, Jason Somerville will be live streaming the Deepstacks Poker Tour Championship in Calgary. Somerville will be on hand to live stream the 11-day tournament series that begins on the 25th of November, which immediately improves the exposure and entertainment value of the series.
|Don't want to deposit? Try free bankrolls.|
Major room, easy qualify
Good for MTT / SNGs Only
|Complete Online Poker Room Reviews|
|Bet365 Bonus Code: PBONUS|
|PlanetWin365 Promotion Code: 5CGQYAAAABZGE3TB|
|888 Poker Review and Bonus|
|Sky Casino and Poker Review|
Online since 2004, PartTimePoker.com brings together a unique combination of top-paying poker rakeback and prop offers and a variety of poker-related content including poker news, strategy articles, free poker training reviews and the latest Poker News and Gossip. PartTimePoker.com - your best source for online poker.
PTP offers several rakeback and free bankroll offers for our viewers. If you're not familiar with rakeback, read our guide to online poker rakeback. To learn how much you could be earning with rakeback, check out our rakeback calculator.
Free and no deposit bankrolls (also called free poker money) are essentially promotional deals we've arranged with rooms where they give you a small amount of money (usually $10-$150) started.