Is Sam Abernathy poker’s next big star? PokerNews’ guide to the American Poker Awards. Three new inductees into the Internet Pokers Wall of Fame. And more.
Poker next star?
Cardplayer Magazine did an extensive interview and feature piece on up and coming poker pro Samantha Abernathy. Abernathy first caught the poker world’s attention with some exciting play on Poker Night in America, and she recently proved her skills in the tournament arena with a third-place finish in the 2016 Aussie Millions.
Is Abernathy the next big star in poker? That remains to be seen, but having met Sam when I appeared on Poker Night in America I can vouch for the fact that she has all the qualities needed to be a star.
– The final table of the World Poker Tour Fallsview Main Event is now set, and it’s a rather anonymous affair, lacking any big name players:
1. Robert Forbes – 4,015,000
2. Mike Bui – 2,860,000
3. Soren Turkewitsch – 1,830,000
4. Derek Verrian – 1,565,000
5. David Ormsby – 1,550,000
6. Thomas Archer – 880,000
– The ever expanding Internet Pokers Wall of Fame had three new names added this week, as Taylor Caby, Guy Laliberte, and Viktor Blom joined the illustrious and sometimes dubious list.
– PokerNews.com’s Matthew Pitt has put together a guide to the American Poker Awards, which are taking place tomorrow in Los Angeles.
– Poker Update has compiled a list of the nine big name poker pros who have yet to win a major tournament title. As is always the case with these lists, you’ll probably be quite surprised at some of the names on it.
– If you’re an advocate for legalized online poker there is really only one remaining presidential candidate you should fear: Marco Rubio. In this column I take a look at all of the remaining candidates views on the issue.
– A robbery following a big score at a Florida casino was foiled thanks to the tracking device on the victims iPhone.