Hit and Run: Rousso on Big Brother; PokerStars “Biggest” Marketing Campaign; HPT Bracelets
Vanessa Rousso dominating the Big Brother house. PokerStars putting Ronaldo and Neymar front and center in new marketing blitz. Norman Chad talks WSOP’s TV evolution. And more.
PokerStars unleashing their sports stars
PokerStars is embarking on what it’s calling the company’s “biggest marketing campaign in history.” The campaign will feature PokerStars two key signings, football (soccer) superstars, Cristiano Ronaldo and Neymar Jr.
The two football legends might be able to broaden the reach of online poker advertising.
Vanessa Rousso doing well on Big Brother
Poker pro Vanessa Rousso was absent from the 2015 World Series of poker but she had a pretty good excuse, as she was sequestered on the set of Big Brother 17. The episodes are now airing and after six weeks Rousso looks to be one of the favorites.
Historically, poker players have been hit and miss on reality TV shows.
– Dave Palermo’s latest column implies there might be a push to pass an online poker bill in California after all. We’ll find out if this looming showdown is for real, and if it will be successful in a couple weeks when the legislature returns to Sacramento.
– Poker Update’s Robbie Strazynski is doing a monthly video roundup of their biggest news stories.
– The Heartland Poker Tour has taken a cue from the WSOP and is now handing out bracelets to its Main Event winners.
– Check out PTP’s analysis of PokerStars new $100k MegaBonus.
– Newly married Remko Rinkema had a chance to sit down with WSOP commentator Norman Chad and talk about the evolution of the WSOP on TV. Chad is perhaps the best person to talk to about this, as he’s been part of the WSOP commentary team since 2003.
– Don’t discount old school poker advice. That’s the advice of Poker News columnist Robert Woolley (AKA the Poker Grump) in his latest piece on Mike Caro, and some of his old school advice.