2015 Poker Hall of Fame finalists revealed. New York holds an online poker hearing. Prank leads to tournament disqualification. And more.
NY hearing covers usual ground
On Wednesday the New York’s Racing, Gaming And Wagering Committee hosted an informational online poker hearing that touched on the impact of online poker expansion on the state’s current stakeholders and what kind of economic impact it would have on the state in general.
Speaking at the hearing were Poker Players Alliance executive director John Pappas, as well as representatives from Caesars Entertainment, MGM Resorts, Borgata Hotel and Casino, and analysts from Gambling Compliance and Spectrum Gaming.
Poker Hall of Fame finalists
The 10 finalists for the 2015 Poker Hall of Fame were revealed on Tuesday, and overall it’s a pretty impressive list. The list of finalists are headlined by 2001 WSOP Main Event Champ and three-time WPT Champion Carlos Mortensen; Mr. UK Poker, David “Devilfish” Ulliott, whose untimely passing this year led to the HOF push; and recent EPT Barcelona champ and five-time WSOP bracelet winner John Juanda.
- Carlos Mortensen
- John Juanda
- David Chiu
- Jennifer Harman
- Chris Bjorin
- Bruno Fitoussi
- Max Pescatori
- Terry Rogers
- Matt Savage
- David Ulliott
Of course, 2+2’s NVG community has put in their two cents on this years finalists, with most of the respondents in the thread posting something between “lolHalloffamaments” and never heard of him.
– The latest installment of Part Time Poker’s Alex Weldon’s ongoing series on shifting trends in poker strategy is up, and this time he discusses how passive lines have replaced aggression.
– Online gambling is the biggest industry in the Isle of Man, which just so happens to have very friendly tax rates, which is why many iGaming sites relocated to the small island nation, including PokerStars.
– The latest installment of Poker Update’s Presidential Poker series is live, and somehow, against all odds, Donald Trump continues to be the chip-leader.
– Like those viral videos of some schmuck purposely stepping on someone’s shoes and getting their ass beat, this so-called “prank” by an Italian poker player that caused him to be 86’ed from the tournament wasn’t really a prank. It was a boneheaded move.
– DFS companies, particularly DraftKings and FanDuel have experienced massive growth over the past two years and the 2015 NFL season is expected to see these sites continue that trend. But nobody, until now, has asked the question: What happens if DFS doesn’t grow?