2015 Poker Hall of Fame finalists revealed. New York holds an online poker hearing. Prank leads to tournament disqualification. And more.
On Wednesday the New York’s Racing, Gaming And Wagering Committee hosted an informational online poker hearing that touched on the impact of online poker expansion on the state’s current stakeholders and what kind of economic impact it would have on the state in general.
Speaking at the hearing were Poker Players Alliance executive director John Pappas, as well as representatives from Caesars Entertainment, MGM Resorts, Borgata Hotel and Casino, and analysts from Gambling Compliance and Spectrum Gaming.
The 10 finalists for the 2015 Poker Hall of Fame were revealed on Tuesday, and overall it’s a pretty impressive list. The list of finalists are headlined by 2001 WSOP Main Event Champ and three-time WPT Champion Carlos Mortensen; Mr. UK Poker, David “Devilfish” Ulliott, whose untimely passing this year led to the HOF push; and recent EPT Barcelona champ and five-time WSOP bracelet winner John Juanda.
Of course, 2+2’s NVG community has put in their two cents on this years finalists, with most of the respondents in the thread posting something between “lolHalloffamaments” and never heard of him.
- The latest installment of Part Time Poker’s Alex Weldon’s ongoing series on shifting trends in poker strategy is up, and this time he discusses how passive lines have replaced aggression.
- Online gambling is the biggest industry in the Isle of Man, which just so happens to have very friendly tax rates, which is why many iGaming sites relocated to the small island nation, including PokerStars.
- The latest installment of Poker Update’s Presidential Poker series is live, and somehow, against all odds, Donald Trump continues to be the chip-leader.
- Like those viral videos of some schmuck purposely stepping on someone’s shoes and getting their ass beat, this so-called “prank” by an Italian poker player that caused him to be 86′ed from the tournament wasn’t really a prank. It was a boneheaded move.
- DFS companies, particularly DraftKings and FanDuel have experienced massive growth over the past two years and the 2015 NFL season is expected to see these sites continue that trend. But nobody, until now, has asked the question: What happens if DFS doesn’t grow?
|Don't want to deposit? Try free bankrolls.|
Major room, easy qualify
Good for MTT / SNGs Only
|Complete Online Poker Room Reviews|
|PlanetWin365 Promotion Code: 5CGQYAAAABZGE3TB|
|Sky Casino Poker Review: No Deposit Bonus|
|Bet365 Bonus Code: BONUS101|
Online since 2004, PartTimePoker.com brings together a unique combination of top-paying poker rakeback and prop offers and a variety of poker-related content including poker news, strategy articles, free poker training reviews and the latest Poker News and Gossip. PartTimePoker.com - your best source for online poker.
PTP offers several rakeback and free bankroll offers for our viewers. If you're not familiar with rakeback, read our guide to online poker rakeback. To learn how much you could be earning with rakeback, check out our rakeback calculator.
Free and no deposit bankrolls (also called free poker money) are essentially promotional deals we've arranged with rooms where they give you a small amount of money (usually $10-$150) started.