A postmortem of the recently concluded PokerStars boycott. Can you make money playing in bad poker rooms? PPA get involved in Kentucky court case. And more.
PokerNews has weighed in on the efficacy of the player-organized boycott of PokerStars. While the article is well-reasoned and measured, it does look at the boycott from the viewpoint of the players, and fails to mention several reasons the boycott may have been harmful, such as the optics, or the simple fact that the boycott failed on Day 1 not because the site ran a promotion, but because of the effectiveness of the promotion – and its these types of promotions that will replace the VIP rewards PokerStars is doing away with.
The one thing I do agree with, is that we will be hearing from PokerStars in the very near future, and the players will likely be offered an olive branch.
- The New Jersey Division of Gaming Enforcement is trying to finalize three new regulations to help the state’s online gambling industry. The new rules are already in place, but the DGE hopes to have them finalized in early 2016.
- Poker Strategy offers some contrarian reasons for playing at “bad” online and brick & mortar poker rooms. Yes, the software may suck, or, in the case of a live poker room, the chairs may be old and uncomfortable, but the benefits may outweigh these issues.
- The World Poker Fund Holdings has acquired RealDeck, an online poker development company.
- Lee Davy recently interviewed Danielle Moon-Andersen, who will soon be on the reality TV show, Girl Got Game.
- The PPA has filed a motion to make sure if (that’s a huge if by the way) the Kentucky courts rule in favor of the state and issue a settlement in a longstanding case against PokerStars, the poker players, and not the state will get the money.
|Don't want to deposit? Try free bankrolls.|
Major room, easy qualify
Good for MTT / SNGs Only
|Complete Online Poker Room Reviews|
|Bet365 Bonus Code: PBONUS|
|PlanetWin365 Promotion Code: 5CGQYAAAABZGE3TB|
|888 Poker Review and Bonus|
|Sky Casino and Poker Review|
Online since 2004, PartTimePoker.com brings together a unique combination of top-paying poker rakeback and prop offers and a variety of poker-related content including poker news, strategy articles, free poker training reviews and the latest Poker News and Gossip. PartTimePoker.com - your best source for online poker.
PTP offers several rakeback and free bankroll offers for our viewers. If you're not familiar with rakeback, read our guide to online poker rakeback. To learn how much you could be earning with rakeback, check out our rakeback calculator.
Free and no deposit bankrolls (also called free poker money) are essentially promotional deals we've arranged with rooms where they give you a small amount of money (usually $10-$150) started.