PokerStars could become a private company in the near future. O’Doyle O’Dwyer RULES! Liv Boeree talks about the lack of women in the poker world. And more.
A huge story broke this morning (or this afternoon if you’re based in Europe) when Amaya Gaming confirmed their CEO was considering making an all-cash offer to purchase the company and once again take Amaya private, this time with PokerStars in tow.
This story virtually came out of nowhere, and has far-reaching ramifications for poker and the online gaming industry.
The story is also still in its infancy, as Amaya stated that no formal offer has been received. However, they added that they have formed a special committee to review the offer they have yet to receive.
Not surprisingly, given the recent history with PokerStars, there has been a lot of social media and forum speculation as to why this could be occurring, with some seeing opportunity and potential for poker and PokerStars, while others are thinking more cynically and conspiratorially about the situation.
- Steve O’Dwyer has done it again. This time the full fledged tournament poker legend took down the 16 player $250k Challenge at the Aussie Million, pocketing a cool $950k in the process.
- Now that GVC has officially taken control of bwin.party, it appears that Borgata is reconsidering their current iGaming partner in New Jersey.
- Are you ready for Holdem X? Alex Dreyfus’s new online poker game will be dropping tomorrow.
- Yet another take on Annette Obrestad’s decision to take a job as an ambassador for the Venetian Poker Room, only this time the writer takes the community to task for calling her out for doing what poker players have been doing for time immemorial.
- Liv Boeree offers up her thoughts on why there are so few women in the poker world in an interview with London Real’s.
- Full Tilt Poker has fallen out of the Top 10 when it comes to traffic ranking according to PokerScout.com.
|Don't want to deposit? Try free bankrolls.|
Major room, easy qualify
Good for MTT / SNGs Only
|Complete Online Poker Room Reviews|
|PlanetWin365 Promotion Code: 5CGQYAAAABZGE3TB|
|888 Poker Review and Bonus|
|Sky Casino and Poker Review|
|Bet365 Bonus Code: BONUS101|
Online since 2004, PartTimePoker.com brings together a unique combination of top-paying poker rakeback and prop offers and a variety of poker-related content including poker news, strategy articles, free poker training reviews and the latest Poker News and Gossip. PartTimePoker.com - your best source for online poker.
PTP offers several rakeback and free bankroll offers for our viewers. If you're not familiar with rakeback, read our guide to online poker rakeback. To learn how much you could be earning with rakeback, check out our rakeback calculator.
Free and no deposit bankrolls (also called free poker money) are essentially promotional deals we've arranged with rooms where they give you a small amount of money (usually $10-$150) started.