Hit and Run: PokerStars in NJ By End of Month; Is Big Brother Rigged?; Alex Dreyfus Blogs on HuffPo
Alex Dreyfus takes his dreams of poker disruption to HuffPost. Can you win playing fantasy football? Bloomberg doesn’t think so. Big Brother rigged for Vanessa Rousso?
Alex Dreyfus takes his promotion of poker to Huffington Post
Alex Dreyfus (the owner of the Global Poker index, the Hendon Mob, the American and European Poker Awards, the Global Poker Masters… I’ll stop there) is on a mission to disrupt the game of poker and make it appealing to the masses.
Dreyfus’s latest outreach effort comes via the Huffington Post where Dreyfus tries to repackage poker to the masses. In his blog post (Dreyfus intends to write for Huffington Post a couple times a month) he calls poker “a game… a sport… entertainment.”
Dreyfus says he has tasked himself with changing the image of poker: ” The industry needs a shake-up and that’s what I’m here to do – tip it on its head, rebuild and reinvigorate the game so that it gets the audience it so rightfully deserves,” Dreyfus writes.
Whether he can pull it off is another matter.
– Ryan LaPlante called his massive overbet that led to the elimination of Jason Mercier in a recent WCOOP tournament a “misclick,” but Part Time Poker’s Alex Weldon wonders if this is actually the case?
– Yet another article from a mainstream outlet is really putting the screws to the DFS industry. Yesterday it was ESPNW’s tale of nine year old DFS players, and today it was Bloomberg’s turn, as they posted an article titled, “You Aren’t Good Enough to Win Money Playing Daily Fantasy Football,” a not so subtle warning to casual players.
– Our second of 10 bios on the 2015 Poker Hall of Fame finalists is live. Today’s featured finalist is five-time WSOP bracelet winner David Chiu.
– Is Big Brother 17 rigged? Apparently there is a lot of chatter in Big Brother forums (apparently that’s a real thing) where BB “experts” claim the network is feeding Vanessa Rousso information and setting her up to be the BB17 champion.
– 888 Poker has raised their tournament guarantees by 20-25%. 888’s big Sunday tournament, The Whale, now features a $200k guarantee.