PokerStars goes live in New Jersey
It’s a historic day in U.S. online poker, as PokerStars is now live in New Jersey. The company will now be put to the test by the New Jersey Division of Gaming Enforcement over the next five days during a soft launch trial period. Following the five days of testing the site will officially launch, and players in New Jersey will have 24 hour access to PokerStars.
The site has already seen a few technical glitches (which are expected) and OnlinePokerReport’s Robert DellaFave, who’s based in New Jersey, already has a number of early takeaways soon to come, check here for DellaFave’s early thoughts.
– With their new competition online in New Jersey, 888 Poker has launched an interesting new promotion that will run from today until the middle of June known as, Spring Fever Giveaway. The long-lasting promotion will see 888 host a $1,000 freeroll every single day, a weekly $3,000 freeroll, and daily giveaways for players who complete certain missions 888 has laid out.
– Speaking of PokerStars, their parent company, Amaya Gaming, revealed their Q4 earnings report on Tuesday, and Gambling Insider has a unique take on the earnings report as it pertains to the New Jersey online gaming market PokerStars has just entered.
– John Mehaffey has posted his latest monthly offshore online payment processing report, and there are some important developments for all of you online poker players who continue to press your luck playing at some of these sites, as a popular withdrawal method is no longer available, and as Mehaffey notes, processing is basically being switched to bitcoin payments.
– Three months before the cards are set to be dealt, Aria’s Super High Roller Bowl is already sold out. This is a pretty remarkable situation for a tournament that boasts 49 seats at a cost of $300k per seat.
– The latest installment of the Part Time Poker Forum Files is online, and this time around the topics range from continued criticism of PokerStars to Kitty Kuo’s interview with Matt Savage, which appears to be going over many forum users’ heads.
– PokerFuse has all the details on the $3 million Borgata Spring Poker Open tournament series scheduled to begin on April 12.
– Caesars floundering financial situation appears to be getting worse by the day, as the company’s stock once again tumbled after a court ordered investigation that could see the company on the hook for billions of dollars in damages… billions of dollars they have no way of paying.
– Nolan Dalla’s latest blog post details the 1992 inside robbery at the Stardust Casino, and the man who seemingly got away with it.