In poker terms, Day 1 of the player-organized boycott of PokerStars was a bluff that was snap-called. The first day of the strike landed smack dab on a milestone promotion day, and instead of empty seats, the virtual tables were jam-packed with players, as traffic was up nearly 33%.
Day 2 went a bit better, but it would be hard to claim victory, as peak traffic once again bettered any day in the two weeks before the boycott.
Still, organizers are imploring players to continue sitting out, calling this a productive first step in the process.
One of the chief organizers, Dani “Ansky” Stern, has even been calling out the “scabs” who are back at the online tables.
Another interesting development is 888 Poker adding some very player friendly promotions, perhaps trying to appeal to wayward PokerStars players.
- Is Atlantic City about to experience a renaissance in casino gaming? Probably not, but the market is looking a lot brighter than it was just a year ago
- The Global Poker league draft is fast approaching, and yours truly thinks at least one team owner should adopt a radical (figuratively and literally) draft strategy, and select an all-female roster.
- At one time Phil Ivey was online poker’s all time leading money winner, but according to Poker Listings he’s been on a massive downswing since 2012. According to their data, Phil is down $8.8 million at the online tables since 2012.
- Donald Trump continues to be the GOP frontrunner, and he also continues to maintain the chip lead in Jennifer Newell’s fictional presidential poker tournament.
- Online tournament legend Chris Moorman’s strategy book, Moorman’s Book of Poker, is now available in a video format.
- New poker room rule: Protect your cards AND your ears! A poker player got three years in jail after going full Tyson on another player.
|Don't want to deposit? Try free bankrolls.|
Major room, easy qualify
Good for MTT / SNGs Only
|Complete Online Poker Room Reviews|
|PlanetWin365 Promotion Code: 5CGQYAAAABZGE3TB|
|Sky Casino Poker Review: No Deposit Bonus|
|Bet365 Bonus Code: BONUS101|
Online since 2004, PartTimePoker.com brings together a unique combination of top-paying poker rakeback and prop offers and a variety of poker-related content including poker news, strategy articles, free poker training reviews and the latest Poker News and Gossip. PartTimePoker.com - your best source for online poker.
PTP offers several rakeback and free bankroll offers for our viewers. If you're not familiar with rakeback, read our guide to online poker rakeback. To learn how much you could be earning with rakeback, check out our rakeback calculator.
Free and no deposit bankrolls (also called free poker money) are essentially promotional deals we've arranged with rooms where they give you a small amount of money (usually $10-$150) started.