PKR moving to MPN. PokerStars announces 10th anniversary Sunday Million with $10 million guarantee. Is President Barack Obama a sports bettor? And more.
PokerStars Sunday Million tournament is about to turn 10, and in honor of this milestone the site has announced a special $10 million guaranteed tournament that will take place on Sunday March 20.
PokerStars has also added a twist for the milestone tournament, as players will be able to reenter up to three times – the Sunday Million has always been played as a single entry event since its inception.
One of the last independent poker rooms will soon be joining a network, as it was announced on Monday that PKR will be joining MPN.
ICYMI, PKR will be joining the MPN soon. https://t.co/BSudEfNwYz
— Alex Scott (@AlexScott72o) February 8, 2016
Interestingly, PKR’s 3-D software will still be used by their customers, but they will share in the liquidity of MPN:
“On the day of launch, you’ll log on to the same 3D poker client as normal, but you’ll see six times as many players online,” PKR Technologies Limited Chris Welch in a forum post.
This will be an interesting experiment in cross platform liquidity sharing, and how this will go over with other MPN sites, with lesser software will be something to keep an eye on, as movement from some MPN sites to PKR could rankle some companies.
- Time Magazine uses poker to explain Donald Trump’s ascent to the top of the Republican primary polls.
- 888 is trying to install its current COO, Itai Freiberger as its CEO (replacing Brian Mattingley who is now Chairman of the Board) but will still need regulators to sign off on the change.
- The upcoming American Poker Conference will feature four separate panel discussions with topics ranging from the convergence of eSports and poker, to women in poker, to the role of media, as well as a player panel discussing the issues of the day.
- The possible takeover of Amaya Gaming by CEO David Baazov continues to gain legs as the company has appointed Barclays Capital Canada Inc. to act as their exclusive advisor for the yet to be tendered bid. PokerNews.com is also reporting that Amaya has secured the services of Toronto-based law firm Blake, Cassels & Graydon LLP.
- Following the Boring Super Bowl, President Obama appeared on the Late Show with Stephen Colbert where he joked (maybe?) about betting on sporting events, which appears to be a well-placed dig at the current laws prohibiting gambling in the United States.
|Don't want to deposit? Try free bankrolls.|
Major room, easy qualify
Good for MTT / SNGs Only
|Complete Online Poker Room Reviews|
|PlanetWin365 Promotion Code: 5CGQYAAAABZGE3TB|
|888 Poker Review and Bonus|
|Sky Casino and Poker Review|
|Bet365 Bonus Code: BONUS101|
Online since 2004, PartTimePoker.com brings together a unique combination of top-paying poker rakeback and prop offers and a variety of poker-related content including poker news, strategy articles, free poker training reviews and the latest Poker News and Gossip. PartTimePoker.com - your best source for online poker.
PTP offers several rakeback and free bankroll offers for our viewers. If you're not familiar with rakeback, read our guide to online poker rakeback. To learn how much you could be earning with rakeback, check out our rakeback calculator.
Free and no deposit bankrolls (also called free poker money) are essentially promotional deals we've arranged with rooms where they give you a small amount of money (usually $10-$150) started.