PokerCentral announces starting lineup, WCOOP Main Event heads into final table, Kid Poker in blackface, Anderson ties Deeb for WCOOP titles and more.
PokerCentral broadcast schedule announced, cable carriers forthcoming
PokerCentral, the upcoming channel which bills itself as the “The World’s Only 24/7 Poker™ Network,” has announced the content it will use in order to fulfill that promise. That will include two original shows, prerecorded coverage of high-stakes poker events such as the Super High Roller Bowl, Super High Roller Cash Game, and WPT Alpha 8 events, and, inevitably, a lot of reruns of popular shows from the earlier boom years to pad out the schedule.
The first of the new shows is “Inside Poker,” hosted by WPT Executive Director Matt Savage, which he has described as “kind of like a Larry King-style show” that will have both an investigative and interview side to it. The second is “Pokerography” which will be exactly what it sounds like: a biography show featuring the life stories of players such as Phil Hellmuth, Antonio Esfandiari, Vanessa Selbst and many others. Meanwhile, the previously aired shows to be included in the schedule will include such old favorites as High Stakes Poker, Poker After Dark, The Big Game, and others.
PokerCentral is going live in the United States this Thursday, October 1, and worldwide on December 2, but is not announcing until the day of launch which cable networks will be carrying it.
Alexander “joiso” Kostritsyn leads WCOOP Main Event final table
The PokerStars World Championship of Online Poker is all but finished, with only the final table of the $5,200 buy-in Main Event left to play. The Main Event, having missed its guarantee by a narrow five-player margin, has a $10 million prize pool and $1,760,500 for first, although it is likely that a deal will be struck at some point.
Unfortunately for online poker fans, the final table lineup doesn’t feature many recognizable names, except for chip leader Alexander “joiso” Kostritsyn, who is a prominent high-stakes cash game player online, and who has also enjoyed some live success, including 19 WSOP cashes and a win in the 2008 Aussie Millions Main Event.
Play resumes today at 2:30 EST, with blinds at 150k/300k and a 30k ante. Kostritsyn has a stack of 19.8M (66 BB), while the short stack is Coenaldinho7, with 3.7M (12 BB). The average is 11.1M (37 BB), so despite the tournament’s slow structure, play can be expected to progress fairly quickly.
- Although the Main Event final table may not feature a lot of big stars, that doesn’t mean the rest of the series hasn’t produced exciting outcomes: Shaun Deeb recently set the record for WCOOP championships by taking his eighth COOP title (including TCOOP, SCOOP and WCOOP), but it took barely a week for his record to be tied by Calvin “cal42688″ Anderson.
- Another online legend, Mikael “ChaoRen160″ Thuritz gave an interesting interview, which you can watch on YouTube.
- Daniel Negreanu has been ruffling feathers on Twitter again with his opinions on racial stereotyping, namely that he thinks it’s harmless and different from “racism.” Among other things to have come out in the ensuing firestorm, a (real) YouTube video of KidPoker doing blackface and a satirical Twitter account suggesting Negreanu as Donald Trump’s running mate in the 2016 presidential race.
- What do poker and quantum mechanics have in common? Quite a lot, according to PTP’s Alex Weldon.
- There continues to be nothing but gloom and doom on the horizon for Caesars Entertainment, as the creditor pact which had been keeping the company afloat has expired, with little progress in its negotiations in the meantime. Shares in Caesars have dropped another 20% in the past week.
- Dara O’Kearney posted a touching tribute to the late Paddy Hicks, who he describes as “the spiritual godfather of [Dublin poker club] the Fitz.”
|Don't want to deposit? Try free bankrolls.|
Major room, easy qualify
Good for MTT / SNGs Only
|Complete Online Poker Room Reviews|
|PlanetWin365 Promotion Code: 5CGQYAAAABZGE3TB|
|888 Poker Review and Bonus|
|Sky Casino and Poker Review|
|Bet365 Bonus Code: BONUS101|
Online since 2004, PartTimePoker.com brings together a unique combination of top-paying poker rakeback and prop offers and a variety of poker-related content including poker news, strategy articles, free poker training reviews and the latest Poker News and Gossip. PartTimePoker.com - your best source for online poker.
PTP offers several rakeback and free bankroll offers for our viewers. If you're not familiar with rakeback, read our guide to online poker rakeback. To learn how much you could be earning with rakeback, check out our rakeback calculator.
Free and no deposit bankrolls (also called free poker money) are essentially promotional deals we've arranged with rooms where they give you a small amount of money (usually $10-$150) started.