The power of Jason Somerville was on full display last night. Former CGCC Chairman Richard Scheutz lands a new gig. Rousso’s Big Brother performance. And more.
The Somerville effect
If he mentions you, they will come. This was the lesson learned by OnlinePokerReport.com head honcho Chris Grove when Jason Somerville heaped praise on his site and called him the best journalist for U.S. poker news. The mention was more than enough to boost Grove’s Twitter followers by several hundred.
— Chris Grove (@OPReport) August 31, 2015
The Somerville effect ladies and gentleman, the Somerville effect.
– A former commissioner of California Gambling Control Commission, Richard Scheutz, has landed a new job, as it was announced he has been appointed to oversee the Bermuda Gaming Commission. Scheutz’s official title is executive director of the BGC.
– Sheldon Adelson’s crusade against online gambling has once again been called out for the hypocrisy that it is, this time in Rare.us.
– PTP’s Alex Weldon took part in the Montreal Poker Expo this past weekend; you can read his trip report here.
– This week’s forum files has an EPT Barcelona theme to it, and none of the stories are very positive. Among the tales of horror are angle shots, missing cameras, and the resurrection of an older thread alleging break-ins, stolen laptops, and Trojan viruses.
– Vanessa Rousso is still fighting for the Big Brother 17 title, but will she be able to use her poker skills and seal the deal? Poker Update has been following her sojourn and might have the answers.