One of online poker’s early pioneers is rumored to be in the ICU. Several interviews with high-level poker industry executives. Poker Central announces two original shows. And more.
Rumor: Chad Batista hospitalized
Chad “lilholdem” Batista is an online MTT legend, but he’s perhaps best known for his early WSOP appearances where the diminutive, grill wearing, poker player who appeared to be no more than 14 years old turned many heads. Chad was also known for giving some wild interviews and the mean-spirited he would tear into people online.
Batista has fallen off the map a bit in recent years, but was still a regular in poker rooms across the country until recently. If reports on 2+2 are correct, it appears Batista’s absence has to do with alcohol abuse, to the point the 35 year-old is bedridden in ICU. Although it appears reports of his death are a bit premature.
Virtually everyone is wishing Chad well. Despite his frequent blowups he can also be fun and lighthearted.
– Poker Atlas CEO Jon Friedberg sat down with CalvinAyre.com’s Lee Davy for an interview on his roots in poker and his current role as an affiliate in the U.S. market.
– AAPN (All American Poker Network) CEO David Licht sat down with New Jersey reporter John Brennan to talk online gaming in the U.S.
– Poker Central ( a 24 hour dedicated poker network) has announced two original shows: Inside Poker and Pokerography. Inside Poker will be an interview and commentary based program on all things poker hosted by Matt Savage. Pokerography will feature biographies on some of the game’s biggest stars.
– New York’s online poker hearing now has a firm date of September 9th according to CardPlayer.com.
– Yesterday we told you about a challenge issued by David Doc Sands to Doug Polk. Sands didn’t want to play Polk in poker though, he wanted to fight him for $500k. Well, PTP’s Alex Weldon has concocted a way for the two to do both.
– How did Omar Zazay triumph in the SHRPO Main Event, according to Alex Weldon it was his stellar play of Kx during shorthanded play.