Hit and Run: Poker and Hearthstone Collide; WPT Season VX Schedule; The Skinny on Staking
WPT brings back Tournament of Champions for Season XV. What you really need to know about tournament staking. Poker and Hearthstone crossover event. And more.
TOC to return for Season XV of the WPT
The schedule for Season 15 of the World Poker tour has been released, and once again the tour will close the season with a Tournament of Champions event. The TOC will once again follow the final main event of the season at the Seminole Hard Rock Casino in Hollywood, Florida.
There will be 17 featured tournaments on the Season XV schedule, xx of which will air on TV:
- WPT Choctaw (TV)
- WPT Legends of Poker (TV)
- WPT Borgata Poker Open (TV)
- WPT Maryland Live!
- WPT bestbet Bounty Scramble (TV)
- partypoker WPT UK
- partypoker.net WPT Montreal (TV)
- partypoker WPT Caribbean
- partypoker WPT Prague
- WPT Five Diamond World Poker Classic (TV)
- WPT Borgata Winter Poker Open
- WPT Fallsview Poker Classic
- WPT L.A. Poker Classic (TV)
- WPT Bay 101 Shooting Star (TV)
- WPT Rolling Thunder
- Seminole Hard Rock Poker Showdown
- Seminole Hard Rock Poker Finale
- WPT Tournament of Champions (TV)
– Andrew Barber, who you may recognize as a co-host of the PartTimePoker Podcast, offered up his thoughts on tournament staking and markup. Barber’s article has led to robust discussion on the poker forums and on social media, and is a good resource for anyone considering staking a player to consult.
– Aaron Massey is the latest Mid-States Poker Tour Champion, after the longtime poker pro won the MSPT FireKeepers Casino Main Event. Massey’s career tournament winnings are now just a shade under $3 million.
– In a play on words of Donald Trump’s campaign slogan, I decided to lay out my four step program to make online poker fun again. You can read my suggestions right here on Part Time Poker.
– The University of Maryland (Not the University of Nevada Las Vegas) is offering a course titled Gambling in the New Millennium. As the professor offering the course stated, “In the case of this course, gambling can be used as a prism to view economics, religion, government, public policy, public health, marketing, consumer behaviors — so many different things.”
– An anonymous story appeared in the Guardian this weekend where the protagonist details his life as a professional poker player.
– A crossover event, pitting poker players and Hearthstone players against one another in both poker and Hearthstone tournaments has been announced. For more information on this unique event I suggest this article over at PokerStrategy.