Hit and Run: Players Speak Out Against PokerStars; Negreanu a Hearthstone Legend; 888 BLAST Jackpots
Players discuss the state of tournament poker. Two 888 BLAST Sit & Go jackpots have been hit in recent days. Daniel Negreanu is a Hearthstone Legend. And more.
Dara O’Kearney and David Lappin talk PokerStars and Tournaments
I had the chance to pick the brains of Dara O’Kearney and David Lappin to get their expanded thoughts on the current state of tournament poker, and where the game is headed.
The Irish duo have been highly critical (in a very respectful way) of the recently concluded PokerStars European Poker Tour Barcelona series in blog posts and on social media.
I may not agree with some of their conclusions, or all of their solutions, but they certainly seem open-minded and willing to talk about the poker world and how it can be improved. The interview is a long read, but it’s well worth it. No matter what side of this debate you’re on.
– With the aid of some beer, Part Time Poker’s Alex Weldon took a deep dive into the current drama unfolding at the 2+2 poker forums that started with a loan/swap misunderstanding between Alex Dreyfus and several high stakes players, but quickly morphed into a battle between two of the game’s top online players, Doug Polk and Ben Tollerene.
– Two BLAST Sit & Go jackpots were recently hit on 888 Poker. The jackpots, $150,000 and $300,000 were won by players who entered a $15 and $30 BLAST Sit & Go. The lottery-style format, first rolled out by Winamax but popularized by PokerStars has been catching on across the online poker world.
– Daniel Negreanu has done it, he’s reached Legend status in the game Hearthstone. If you follow Negreanu you know he’s been smitten with Hearthstone for quite some time, and has been devoting a lot of time and effort into improving.
– Joss wood posted a lengthy article where he analyzes what Phil Galfond can expect to encounter as he readies his online poker platform for a Q1 2017 launch. Wood looks at everything from software to market conditions that Galfond and his team will have to overcome.
– A Minnesota tribe has gotten the ball rolling on setting up a daily fantasy sports product that could be used by tribes in a number of other states. This is another interesting development in the fast-evolving world of DFS.