888poker accidentally leaks new Flopomania game. The schedule of the 2018 Aussie Millions released. Check out these stories and more in the end-of-the-week Hit and Run.
New 888 Game, FlopoMania, Leaks
Thanks to a recent “technical incident,” 888poker players got a taste of a new game that has been in development by 888. Intended to be launched in a few weeks, the new game was pulled from the 888poker lobby after a few hours once in-progress games had completed but not before players got a sneak peek.
From reports of the new game, Flopomania appears to be a brand new version of No Limit Hold’em which removes pre-flop betting and starts play on the flop. To participate in the hand, players must first place an ante bet with standard betting unavailable until after the flop. Subsequent turn and river betting rounds are completed as normal. The game that leaked on Wednesday offered both regular and deep stakes.
The game marks the latest attempt by an online poker site to attempt to innovate and modernize the game of poker in an effort to appeal to a larger group of players. Fast-fold, Push or Fold, PokerCam and Blast tables are a few of the games introduced by 888poker and other poker sites in the last few years.
Although many players will undoubtedly welcome a new poker game, some others were less than impressed.
'Flopomania'? Really? FFS what next? 'Turntastic'? 'Riverratarsed'?
— GirlOnTheSofa (@GirlOnTheSofa) August 3, 2017
– The 2018 Aussie Millions schedule has been released. Australia’s most popular poker series will run from January 17th to February 5th. Although the $250k Challenge is not on the schedule, the Main Event will be held on January 28th.
– Poker: the gift that keeps on giving. PokerStrategy reported on a $60 million dollar business deal that got its start at a $1/$2 Pot Limit Omaha table. Rodney Spriggs, owner of a video game memorabilia store, sold his business to a Holding company after first meeting during $1/$2 PLO cash game in Las Vegas during last year’s World Series of Poker.
– Yesterday, we told you that Doyle Brunson and Jean Robert Bellande had been confirmed for Poker After Dark’s return on August 14th. Now according to an recent interview with Fedor Holz, he has expressed interest in participating.
– Online gambling prospects have stalled in Pennsylvania – at least until this fall. This is bad news in the short term but OnlinePokerReport says talks are very much in play as the state attempts to balance its budget.
– Grinderschool.com poker training video of the day is a continuation of a series on betting Pot Limit Micro levels. This episode is part 2 in a 6-series.