A look at the 2016 PokerStars SCOOP schedule. Phil Ivey in UK court to appeal edge-sorting decision. GPL superstars trash talk on Twitter. And more.
Phil Ivey in British Court today
Phil Ivey was back in a UK court today as his ongoing edge-sorting cases continue to play out.
After the casino denied him some $11 million in baccarat winnings back in 2012, accusing the poker legend of edge-sorting (something Ivey admits to doing but denies is cheating), Phil Ivey sued Genting Casinos/Crockfords Club. Ivey lost his case, but was granted an appeal in January, and his case was heard earlier today.
The Borgata’s lawsuit against Ivey, for a measly $9.6 million, where he also edge-sorted playing baccarat, is still ongoing.
After finishing second in this same event several months ago, Travis Lauson won the Mid-States Poker Tour (MSPT) Potawatomi Main Event, pocketing nearly $130,000 in the process.
– The schedule for the 2016 PokerStars SCOOP Series has been revealed, and this time around there will be 165 unique tournaments (55 events, each played at three different price-points) and $40 million up for grabs.
– Michael Leven is leaving Las Vegas Sands. Leven was instrumental in the company’s growth in Asian markets.
– The Poker Players Alliance is giving away two entries to the Colossus tournament at the 2016 WSOP. All you have to do is create a poker meme, and be among the top two vote getters at the end of the contest.
– USA Today GPL Reporter Kevin Taylor live-reported all of the action from the Tuesday and Wednesday Global Poker League matches. If you missed the live-stream or are simply looking for a quick, but through recap of the action, this is the place to find it.
– Robert DellaFave takes a look at the myriad of online poker sites that are offering lottery-style jackpot Sit & Go tournaments, detailing the buy-in levels, the rake, and the multipliers at each. You can also check out DellaFave’s breakdown of PokerStars new $100k Sit & Go promotion in New Jersey here.
– GPL trash talk! I love it!
— Sam Trickett (@Samtrickett1) April 13, 2016