The Trump Taj Mahal may not be closed for long. What you need to know about the proposed William Hill and Amaya merger. partypoker launches Twitch channel. And more.
How big would the William Hill and Amaya merger be? According to reports the deal is valued at £4.5-£5 billion – which works out to about $5.5-$6.1 billion.
There is still a long way to go before a deal is finalized, and plenty of potential stumbling blocks that could derail it along the way, including the pending fine PokerStars owes the state of Kentucky.
One of the more pertinent questions for poker players is how the merger would affect PokerStars. I tried to unpack this a bit in a recent column, and came to the following two conclusions:
- partypoker is jumping on the Twitch trend. The online poker site has recently added a couple of brand ambassadors, Jackie Glazier and Twitch streamer Beata @WildHungarian Jambrik, and launched its own dedicated Twitch channel this week. Twitch has been a great medium for PokerStars, thanks to Jason Somerville’s popularity, and a couple of huge scores captured live on Twitch streams.
- A column in Wired tried to explain the GOP’s willingness to stick by Donald Trump using poker terms, equating it to Republican officials getting great pot odds by sticking by Trump, even if he is a long shot. On the other hand, I wonder if this isn’t more a case of the sunk cost bias.
- The closure of the Trump Taj Mahal has been a focus in the Hit & Run over the past week, and don’t expect that to change in the near future. It appears The Taj closure might only be a temporary thing. Carl Icahn might reopen the casino in a few months with a new workforce, although some lawmakers are trying to stop this from happening.
- There’s still time to win a three night stay at Caesars Palace and a VIP World Series of Poker Main Event final table experience courtesy of WSOP.com.
- Massachusetts efforts to take its lottery online could lead to a number of new products being introduced by the state lottery, including a DFS-inspired lottery game.
|Don't want to deposit? Try free bankrolls.|
Major room, easy qualify
Good for MTT / SNGs Only
|Complete Online Poker Room Reviews|
|Bet365 Bonus Code: PBONUS|
|PlanetWin365 Promotion Code: 5CGQYAAAABZGE3TB|
|888 Poker Review and Bonus|
|Sky Casino and Poker Review|
Online since 2004, PartTimePoker.com brings together a unique combination of top-paying poker rakeback and prop offers and a variety of poker-related content including poker news, strategy articles, free poker training reviews and the latest Poker News and Gossip. PartTimePoker.com - your best source for online poker.
PTP offers several rakeback and free bankroll offers for our viewers. If you're not familiar with rakeback, read our guide to online poker rakeback. To learn how much you could be earning with rakeback, check out our rakeback calculator.
Free and no deposit bankrolls (also called free poker money) are essentially promotional deals we've arranged with rooms where they give you a small amount of money (usually $10-$150) started.