MA AG proposes DFS regulations. More details of PA online gambling bill come to light. A firsthand account of the fan experience at the 2015 WSOP final table.
More details emerge regarding PA iGaming bill
What at first appeared to be a vote on an online gambling bill turned out to be a vote on a number of gaming reforms in Pennsylvania.
There was far more to Wednesday’s Gaming Oversight Committee vote on HB 649 than met the eye, as the committee added an omnibus amendment that turned HB 649 into a comprehensive gaming reform bill. In addition to online gambling, HB 649 would add slot machines at off-track betting parlors and airports; it would make significant changes to Category 3 licenses including the removal of membership fees; and it would expand liquor service hours at casinos, among other things.
More details on the new and improved HB 649 can be found here.
Mass AG proposes DFS regulations
At a press conference this morning, Massachusetts Attorney General Maura Healey proposed a number of regulations to help reign in the daily fantasy sports industry. Healey’s proposed regulations have been met with borderline excitement among DFS supporters who find them by and large sensible.
– Poker player Travell Thomas has been indicted by everyone’s favorite US Attorney, Preet Bharara. However, Travell’s alleged crimes have little to do with poker, as it’s his debt collection business that caught the eye of law enforcement.
– Read about the first daily fantasy sports site that has shut its doors since the #DKLeaks controversy began in early October.
– Veteran poker writer went to the 2015 World Series of poker final table, but she wasn’t there to cover it, she was there as a fan.
– After crushing online poker for most of the year, Viktor Blom finds himself down over $1 million in November, and we’re barely over halfway through the month.
– The PPA has a newly refurbished website and they’re pushing hard for online poker legalization in Pennsylvania this year.