SugarHouse Casino launches New Jersey online casino. Donald Trump profited while NJ casinos tanked. Big One for One Drop in Monte Carlo details. And more.
There was some big, but extremely underreported news in New Jersey yesterday that will have implications not only for New Jersey’s online gambling industry, but may very well portend what we can expect to see in Pennsylvania, if and when that state legalizes online gambling this year or next.
The news, that SugarHouse Casino, located in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, has launched an online casino in the Garden State in conjunction with Golden Nugget AC is still flying under the radar.
Interesting news: PA casino Sugarhouse launched a NJ online casino site (under Golden Nugget's license) https://t.co/Zqk16cvfH5
— Steve Ruddock (@SteveRuddock) September 12, 2016
The attention Pennsylvania casinos are paying to New Jersey (Mohegan Sun launched a New Jersey online casino last year, and Mount Airy is running cross-border promotions with 888) seems to be positive developments in the Keystone State.
- Veteran poker player David “ODB” Baker won the Hard Rock Tulsa RunGood Poker Main Event, pocketing nearly $30,000 in the process. For those that don’t know, Baker’s nickname is an acronym for “Original David Baker” used by poker players in order to differentiate him from the other David Baker, who goes by the name “Bakes.”
- CNN Money took a deep dive into one of the businesses Donald Trump is best known for, Atlantic City casinos. According to the report, the casinos posted losses each and every year after the company went public, but Trump profited to the tune of about $40 million during that time.
- The AMF hearing dealing with the insider trading charges filed against former Amaya CEO David Baazov began today.
- The Massachusetts Gaming Commission wants to take care of online gambling, daily fantasy sports, and any other related product all in one fell swoop. The question is; will the Massachusetts legislature agree on this approach?
- the $1,000,000 buy-in Big One for One Drop tournament no longer occurs at the World Series of Poker, but the tournament hasn’t disappeared either. One Drop will be part of the 2016 Monte Carlo One Drop Extravaganza tournament series set to take place this October. Card Player has more details on the festivities.
|Don't want to deposit? Try free bankrolls.|
Major room, easy qualify
Good for MTT / SNGs Only
|Complete Online Poker Room Reviews|
|Bet365 Bonus Code: PBONUS|
|PlanetWin365 Promotion Code: 5CGQYAAAABZGE3TB|
|888 Poker Review and Bonus|
|Sky Casino and Poker Review|
Online since 2004, PartTimePoker.com brings together a unique combination of top-paying poker rakeback and prop offers and a variety of poker-related content including poker news, strategy articles, free poker training reviews and the latest Poker News and Gossip. PartTimePoker.com - your best source for online poker.
PTP offers several rakeback and free bankroll offers for our viewers. If you're not familiar with rakeback, read our guide to online poker rakeback. To learn how much you could be earning with rakeback, check out our rakeback calculator.
Free and no deposit bankrolls (also called free poker money) are essentially promotional deals we've arranged with rooms where they give you a small amount of money (usually $10-$150) started.