American Poker Award finalists revealed. A new online poker bill is introduced in New York. iPoker Network raises the rake, poker community has standard reaction. And more.
On Wednesday the finalists for the 2015 American Poker Awards were revealed, with Jason Somerville, Kevin Mathers, Anthony Zinno, Phil Hellmuth, and Jow McKeehen making the short-list of potential APA winners.
You can see all of the finalists here.
The APA’s will be held at the SLS Hotel in Beverly Hills, California on February 25. The award ceremony will be part of a larger festival that includes the American Poker Conference and the inaugural Global Poker League draft.
Here is a look at the tentative panel discussions for the American Poker Conference.
— Alexandre Dreyfus (@alex_dreyfus) January 21, 2016
- New York Assemblyman J. Gary Pretlow reintroduced his online poker bill on Thursday. Pretlow has introduced online poker bills in the past, but with a poker-only approach, it will be hard for advocates to convince legislators that the potential revenue is worth the likely political hassle.
- Perhaps upset that PokerStars has a monopoly on player outrage at the 2+2 poker forum, iPoker quietly rolled out some rake increases on January 1, and needless to say, the poker community is not impressed, leading to the creation of a forum petition.
- After being hit with a bazillion dollar settlement in Kentucky, PokerStars got some good news on the legal front this week, as an Illinois court has ruled that PokerStars is not on the hook for losses incurred by players at the site.
- Looking at the fines handed out by gaming regulators in New Jersey, it’s no contest, online gaming sites do a much better job of prohibiting underage and problem gamblers.
- New Jersey’s casino industry saw annual revenue tick down for the ninth consecutive year, but there was also some good news, as the current operators posted a 3% year-over-over increase.
- James Guill sat down with Poker Hall of Famer Linda Johnson to get her thoughts on the women in poker, and the Women in Poker Hall of Fame class of 2016.
|Don't want to deposit? Try free bankrolls.|
Major room, easy qualify
Good for MTT / SNGs Only
|Complete Online Poker Room Reviews|
|PlanetWin365 Promotion Code: 5CGQYAAAABZGE3TB|
|888 Poker Review and Bonus|
|Sky Casino and Poker Review|
|Bet365 Bonus Code: BONUS101|
Online since 2004, PartTimePoker.com brings together a unique combination of top-paying poker rakeback and prop offers and a variety of poker-related content including poker news, strategy articles, free poker training reviews and the latest Poker News and Gossip. PartTimePoker.com - your best source for online poker.
PTP offers several rakeback and free bankroll offers for our viewers. If you're not familiar with rakeback, read our guide to online poker rakeback. To learn how much you could be earning with rakeback, check out our rakeback calculator.
Free and no deposit bankrolls (also called free poker money) are essentially promotional deals we've arranged with rooms where they give you a small amount of money (usually $10-$150) started.