Interviews with the very interesting Luca Pagano and Bob Voulgaris. Viktor Blom extends his hot streak; up $2 million in the past week. Trouble at the EPT Barcelona. And more.
Luca Pagano on balance
Longtime Italian poker pro Luca Pagano has an impressive poker resume, but he’s been virtually absent from the poker tables over the past year, as Pagano has been concentrating on his business. However, he recently showed up at the EPT Barcelona and PokerListings.com managed to snag an interview with Pagano.
During the interview Pagano discussed his business, as well as his perspectives growing old in the poker world and why every poker player should spend some time in the real world. It’s well worth the read.
Viktor Blom’s $1 million session
Already up nearly $1 million over the past week, online poker legend Viktor “Isildur1” Blom managed to double that total in a single session on Wednesday. According to reports, Blom faced Sean “WithColor” Rafael in a seven hour PLO session with Blom coming out of the battle $1,088,684 richer.
– Part Time Poker’s Alex Weldon dissects two key hands that occurred on the bubble of the EPT Barcelona Main Event.
– Speaking of the Washington Times, the august news outlet published a second online gaming story on Wednesday, as columnist Daniel Horowitz laid out the 10th Amendment opposition to a federal online gambling ban.
– Bob Voulgaris spoke with PokerNews on buying pieces of poker players and the current state of the game.
– Poker Night in America the Tour will be in Minnesota on Friday.
– The EPT Barcelona was a massive success but it wasn’t all sunshine and puppy dogs at the series. Several well-known poker pros took the tournament and its organizers to task over structural and security issues.