Hit and Run: NGCB Scrutinizing DFS; Huge Changes at Full Tilt Cash Tables; Mirage for Sale?
Full Tilt Poker adopts new cash game policies. Nevada to explore legality of DFS contests. Is the Mirage for sale? 2015 WSOP Last Woman Standing Kelly Minkin talks poker. And more.
Full Tilt makes sweeping changes to cash games
No more cash games, no more heads-up games, and a revamped way of handling table selection. Those are just some of the changes players will find at the Full Tilt Poker cash game tables following a major overhaul announced on Tuesday morning.
The changes are part of a concerted effort by Full Tilt to appeal to recreational players and hopefully cut down on the predatory tactics of online poker grinders.
The early reactions from industry types has been relatively positive, but the new policies are likely to set off a forum firestorm and anger a small, but very vocal, contingent of players.
Nevada Regulators are looking into DFS
Nevada Gaming Control Board AG Burnett is looking into the l3gality of Daily Fantasy Sports (DFS) via Las Vegas Review-Journal writer David Purdum.
Burnett’s investigation could bring DFS under the purview of the Gaming Control Board down the road, and could spur on other states to take a similar look at the very new industry. Currently DFS is inhabiting a bit of a gray area, piggybacking on Fantasy Sports UIGEA exemptions, which allows the industry to operate without local regulatory oversight.
– The Las Vegas rumor mill is in full swing, and the latest story has Mirage Las Vegas (owned by MGM) being sold to Starwood Capital Group. According to the report, the deal could be finalized in roughly three weeks.
– The Borgata Summer Poker Open is in full swing.
– The finalists for Poker Listings the Spirit of Poker Most Inspiring Player award have been announced.
– Vanessa Selbst speaks to high school science students at Drew University in New Jersey.
– Get to know the 2015 WSOP “Last Woman Standing” Kelly Minkin.
– Blake Bohn triumphs at the latest MSPT stop at the Meskwaki Casino.