Hit and Run: NGCB Investigates LVRJ Sale; Negreanu Unveils 2016 Goals; Best Way to Convert PokerStars FPP’s
Daniel Negreanu rededicating himself to poker in 2016. Interview with Jennifer Shahade. Sheldon Adelson’s purchase of the LVRJ draws regulatory scrutiny. And more.
Daniel Negreanu’s 2016 goals
Every year Daniel Negreanu shares his goals for the upcoming year with the world and this time around he’s looking to take care of some unfinished business, as for the second straight year he’s set the lofty goal of winning three WSOP bracelets.
Also on Negreanu’s 2016 to-do list are playing at least 55 tournaments; cashing for at least $2.5 million; and play at least 200 hours of cash games. Basically, it looks like Negreanu is planning on rededicating himself to poker, which will probably be good for him and good for the game.
For a complete rundown of Negreanu’s 2016 goals and to see how his 2015 goals panned out you can check out this article from PocketFives.com.
– Mason Malmuth has decided to give one of his critics a little bit of publicity, as he linked to several blog posts at a site called seekingplumb.com that were highly critical of the 2+2 owner. It will be interesting to see if the 2+2 detectives can piece together the identity of the blogger who uses the same handle on Twitter.
– The Part Time Poker year end countdown has begun, and in the first of a five part series you can find my picks for five of the Top 25 poker stories of the year.
– Lee Davy sat down with chess and poker expert Jennifer Shahade for an interview that appeared in Poker Update to talk all things poker and chess, and of course life.
– The latest online poker traffic rankings are out and there was a pretty significant change in the Top 10 as Adjarabet has displaced MPN. Here’s what else you need to know about online poker traffic over the past month.
– Sheldon Adelson’s purchase of the Las Vegas Review-Journal raised many eyebrows, and it now looks like the Nevada Gaming Control Board is going to take a closer look at the sale of the venerable newspaper to see if there was anything improper about it.
– Robert DellaFave has some advice for players looking to cash in their PokerStars FPP’s at the last minute, to insure they get the most bang for their buck.