Football, and by extension, DFS, return tonight. Former Amaya CEO David Baazov has been implicated in an elaborate kickback scheme. Billy Baxter on gambling podcast. And more.
The 2016 NFL Season kicks off with a Super Bowl rematch between the Panthers and Broncos tonight, and that means one thing… prepare yourself for DFS commercials.
On the bright side, TV spend isn’t expected to be anywhere near what we saw last season. The bad news is, even if networks only run a fraction of the DFS commercials they ran in 2015… it’s still way too many!
All that said, the start of the NFL season will allow us to see if there was any damage done by the tumultuous year the DFS industry has gone through. It will be interesting to see what kind of numbers the sites’ can generate for their contests given several states have been cut off to them.
- With an insider trading scandal still swirling, a watchdog group has accused former Amaya CEO David Baazov of being involved in an elaborate kickback scheme involving relatives and other investors. According to the group, the insider trading may go back well before the acquisition of PokerStars, the sale of which seems to have been the trigger for the investigation by Canadian regulators.
- Part Time Poker’s Keith Woernle has turned famous movie hands from Rounders, Casino Royale, and Maverick into online hand histories, complete with chat logs.
- November Niner Kenny Halleart is no one-trick-pony. The online legend will have a chance at poker immortality when the WSOP final table resumes in late October, but in the meantime he decided to add nearly $70,000 to his sizable online poker winnings by taking down the $500k partypoker Online Grand Prix.
- PokerStars is giving their players another chance to have a tournament named after them. All you have to do is final table the daily tournament two times in a single week, and the event will be renamed in your honor. Alex Weldon has all the details here.
- Seven-time World Series of Poker bracelet winner and Poker Hall of Famer Billy Baxter was a recent guest on the Gambling With an Edge podcast. You can listen to Baxter’s appearance here.
- PokerNews.com’s new debate style articles have returned, this time with Matthew Pitt and Marty Derbyshire arguing over PokerStars’ decision to rename and rebrand the European Poker Tour. Derbyshire takes the “if it ain’t broke don’t fix it” approach, while Pitt embraces the change.
|Don't want to deposit? Try free bankrolls.|
Major room, easy qualify
Good for MTT / SNGs Only
|Complete Online Poker Room Reviews|
|Bet365 Bonus Code: PBONUS|
|PlanetWin365 Promotion Code: 5CGQYAAAABZGE3TB|
|888 Poker Review and Bonus|
|Sky Casino and Poker Review|
Online since 2004, PartTimePoker.com brings together a unique combination of top-paying poker rakeback and prop offers and a variety of poker-related content including poker news, strategy articles, free poker training reviews and the latest Poker News and Gossip. PartTimePoker.com - your best source for online poker.
PTP offers several rakeback and free bankroll offers for our viewers. If you're not familiar with rakeback, read our guide to online poker rakeback. To learn how much you could be earning with rakeback, check out our rakeback calculator.
Free and no deposit bankrolls (also called free poker money) are essentially promotional deals we've arranged with rooms where they give you a small amount of money (usually $10-$150) started.