Neymar Jr. gets cut from a PokerStars advertising campaign, but makes up for it by winning a massive online poker pot. EPT Barcelona Ladies and Super High Roller updates. And more.
Neymar Jr. axed from PokerStars ad; hits a straight flush
PokerStars has been signing big name football stars with the intention of using them in upcoming marketing campaigns. Unfortunately for PokerStars, UK advertising laws required them to swap out Neymar Jr. with Team Poker Stars Pro Daniel Negreanu.
If Neymar was upset about being pulled his mood was likely instantly improved after he smashed a Royal Flush playing high-stakes on PokerStars and pulled in a $17k pot.
– The massive EPT Barcelona Super High Roller is playing down to a winner tonight, and there are currently just four people remaining – Dzimitry Urbanovich, Sylvain Loosli, JC Alvarado, and Chris Vogelsang. Anyone interested in following along can find live reporting of the event at PokerStars.
– Vanessa Rousso’s run on the hit TV show Big Brother continued as the poker pro survived yet another elimination this past week. PokerUpdate.com has all the updates on the show.
– Former PokerNews hostess and current WPT Alpha8 hostess Lynn Gilmartin won the largest Ladies Tournament in EPT history this weekend. Gilmartin is one of the top poker presenters of all-time and also one of the most likable people in the industry.
– Rich Muny had a couple of high-profile guests on his Poker Advocacy podcast last week, as Muny was joined by former congressman and presidential candidate Ron Paul, followed by poker advocate and 2004 Main Event Champion Greg Raymer.
– Part Time Poker’s Alex Weldon does his best to break down the very complex and still moving parts surrounding the Caesars Entertainment bankruptcy.
– If you’re having trouble following the many goings on at 2+2 and the other poker forums, you can get caught up on all the action by reading Part Time Poker’s latest installment of the “Forum Files.”