Hit and Run: New Poker Game Holdem X Unveiled; NY Committee Passes Online Poker Bill; Isildur1 Up Big
Holdem X is now available online. New York Senate Committee passes an online poker bill. The Internet Pokers Wall of Fame has three new inductees. And more.
Holdem X Unveiled
Alex Dreyfus’s latest poker innovation, Holdem X, is now available to the masses in an Alpha launch.
The game is currently available to try here, and so far there are quite a few players playing Holdem X online, as I played seven games and waited mere seconds for an opponent.
the game is an interesting (and quite fun) mashup of online poker and a game like hearthstone where you have special abilities you can play at hopefully convenient times. There are currently 15 xCards in the xDeck each with a different point value and a different ability ranging from changing the suit of a board card to dealing a 6th street.
For those of you still not sold on the new poker game, here’s a quick tutorial video to give you an idea of the game play.
– The New York Senate Racing, Gaming and Wagering Committee passed an online poker bill this morning, sending Senator John Bonacic’s bill on to the Finance Committee.
– Shaun Deeb, Phil Galfond, and Neteller have all been inducted into the Internet Pokers Wall of Fame on twoplustwo.
– The ever streaky Viktor Blom is back to running good, as Poker listings is reporting the Sweden phenom was up almost $300k at the online poker tables this past weekend.
– The New Jersey Division of Gaming Enforcement is going to allow bwin.party to continue to operate in New Jersey (they power Borgata’s online gaming sites) while their new parent company, GVC, is vetted for a transactional waiver.
– There’s a lot going on in the latest edition of the Forum Files, including some very wacky trip reports from the 2016 PCA that you know are extremely nonstandard when refugee camps makes an appearance in the text.