Negreanu on poker books and those that write them. New Jersey DGE addresses delays in PokerStars’ licensing. Tollerene wins the $51k PokerStars WCOOP Super High Roller.
There is a debate raging on the 2+2 forum after Daniel Negreanu wrote a blog proclaiming only elite level poker players are capable of teaching the game. Actually, what Negreanu said was a bit more nuanced than that [bold mine], …”It’s not really possible to be a mediocre, or losing poker player, but also be an elite poker coach.”
Most of the debate is centered around the notion that because poker requires real-time decisions, it’s possible that someone may not be able to rise to the challenge in the heat of the moment, but could conceivably analyze the situation after the fact and make perfect decisions.
- -Golden Nugget is closing its free-play online poker site.
- There was a new development in the ongoing legal battle between the Santa Ysabel tribe and the state of California, as the state and federal lawsuits against the tribe have now been combined.
- DGE Director talks about the long process of licensing PokerStars in New Jersey during an audio interview with Global Gaming Businesses’ Roger Gros. Another article published today talks about Chris Christie’s alleged involvement in the process.
- The latest installment of Poker Update’s Presidential Poker is out, and there was a big shakeup after a couple of high-profile candidates dropping out of the race.
- Our countdown of the 2015 Poker Hall of Fame finalists continued yesterday with a look at the life of the colorful and innovative Terry Rogers.
- Ben Tollerene can now boast that he has won the largest buy-in online poker tournament in the game’s history, after defeating an elite field in PokerStars WCOOP $51,000 buy-in Super High Roller event. And as we pointed out earlier today, not a single Top 20 betting favorite paid out.
- 2010 World Series of Poker Main Event Champ Jonathan Duhamel won a preliminary event at the Borgata Poker Open. This was Duhamel’s’ third tournament victory of the year.
|Don't want to deposit? Try free bankrolls.|
Major room, easy qualify
Good for MTT / SNGs Only
|Complete Online Poker Room Reviews|
|PlanetWin365 Promotion Code: 5CGQYAAAABZGE3TB|
|888 Poker Review and Bonus|
|Sky Casino and Poker Review|
|Bet365 Bonus Code: BONUS101|
Online since 2004, PartTimePoker.com brings together a unique combination of top-paying poker rakeback and prop offers and a variety of poker-related content including poker news, strategy articles, free poker training reviews and the latest Poker News and Gossip. PartTimePoker.com - your best source for online poker.
PTP offers several rakeback and free bankroll offers for our viewers. If you're not familiar with rakeback, read our guide to online poker rakeback. To learn how much you could be earning with rakeback, check out our rakeback calculator.
Free and no deposit bankrolls (also called free poker money) are essentially promotional deals we've arranged with rooms where they give you a small amount of money (usually $10-$150) started.