Michigan jumps head first into the online gambling conversation. Some opinions on the Global Poker League. Sportsbooks dislike Leicester City’s historic EPL win. And more.
Well, that escalated rather quickly.
Just a couple weeks after State Senator Mike Kowall introduced an online gambling bill (virtually out of nowhere) in the Michigan State Senate, a bicameral committee made up of Michigan House and Senate members will hold a hearing on the bill tomorrow.
Michigan is a bit of a mystery for online gaming analysts, but the general feeling is the state doesn’t have too many hurdles to clear, and could jump right into the lead pack of potential online gambling candidates. Of course, we’ll have a much clearer picture of the situation in Michigan following tomorrow’s hearing.
- PocketFives.com has a complete recap of the weekend’s big online tournaments from around the globe.
- Fabian Quoss kept Ole Schemion out of the winner’s circle in the €50k Super High Roller at the EPT Grand Final in Monte Carlo. Schemion won the €100k Super High Roller event just days ago.
- In the latest installment of the Forum Files it’s all about popularity, as several recent threads clearly show the polarizing aspect of poker forums. Bottom line: be Kevmath, everyone loves Kevmath.
- Part Time Poker’s Alex Weldon takes a look at Poker Central’s $1,000,000 promotion, and explains why people would be better off shooting for some of the lesser prizes.
- Leicester City’s unbelievable EPL victory cost bookmakers quite a bit, as some people had the foresight to throw a few bucks down on the team (getting 5,000-1 odds) before the season began.
- In a new blog post, poker player Dara O’Kearney offers up his thoughts on the Global Poker League, particularly when it comes to the league’s ability to connect with a new audience and expand the reach of poker.
|Don't want to deposit? Try free bankrolls.|
Major room, easy qualify
Good for MTT / SNGs Only
|Complete Online Poker Room Reviews|
|Bet365 Bonus Code: PBONUS|
|PlanetWin365 Promotion Code: 5CGQYAAAABZGE3TB|
|888 Poker Review and Bonus|
|Sky Casino and Poker Review|
Online since 2004, PartTimePoker.com brings together a unique combination of top-paying poker rakeback and prop offers and a variety of poker-related content including poker news, strategy articles, free poker training reviews and the latest Poker News and Gossip. PartTimePoker.com - your best source for online poker.
PTP offers several rakeback and free bankroll offers for our viewers. If you're not familiar with rakeback, read our guide to online poker rakeback. To learn how much you could be earning with rakeback, check out our rakeback calculator.
Free and no deposit bankrolls (also called free poker money) are essentially promotional deals we've arranged with rooms where they give you a small amount of money (usually $10-$150) started.