Hit and Run: Matt Damon’s Teddy KGB Impression; Two Stories About Poker Bots; Online Lottery Coming to MA?
Matt Damon does his best Teddy KGB. How much skill do 888’s new BLAST games possess? Massachusetts Senate passes a bill that would allow online lottery sales. And more.
Matt Damon discusses Rounders
Nothing gets the poker juices flowing quite like watching the 1998 cult classic Rounders. And any time some new details, or funny anecdotes emerge, it causes a buzz in the poker community.
And this is exactly what happened on social media today, as an interview segment with Matt Damon about Rounders started going viral, shared by everyone from Remko Rinkema to Daniel Negreanu.
You can watch the segment here:
Of course, any mention of Rounders inevitably brings up talk of the highly anticipated, but still in the talking phase, rumors of a sequel.
– An anonymous botter confessed and then rescinded to winning $30,000 at Americas Cardroom using a self-created bot program. The poster later claimed he was just trolling the poker community, so our own Alex Weldon decided to dig a little deeper into the story, and see if there is any veracity to the tale.
– Speaking of bots, a partypoker representative responded to a thread on 2+2, telling the poker community the site will be cracking on bots going forward.
– Online Poker Report’s Robert DellaFave takes a closer look at 888’s new lottery game, BLAST. In DellaFave’s opinion, even though people will likely find the game is neat from a structural point of view, it basically eliminates all of the skill from the game of poker.
– UK gambling operators are on pace to set a record, but likely not the record they were hoping. According to an article at SBC News, the country’s gaming operators are on pace to spend more money on advertising in 2016 than any previous year.
– Massachusetts’s lottery continues to slowly, and relatively quietly, inch towards online sales. This week the Massachusetts’s State Senate passed a bill that would allow the state lottery to sell products online.