Aussie Millions schedule has a few surprises. Tom Marchese is the king of Aria high rollers. Atlantic City could be headed into bankruptcy thanks to a debt to Borgata.
2016 Aussie Millions schedule features several surprises
The 2016 Aussie Millions will run from January 13 through February 1, and the full schedule, along with all of the details for the tournament series are now available. This time around the Aussie Million will feature a total of 22 events, including the $10k Main Event (one of the longest running tournaments in poker) and the $100k and $250k Super High Roller events.
One of the biggest changes will be the coverage, as the Crown Melbourne has partnered with Twitch.tv and Jason Somerville to bring an unprecedented level of the coverage to the tournament series.
Tom “KingofCards” Marchese is King Of Aria
Over the course of 2015 the Aria hosted 20, $25,000 buy-in high roller tournaments, and four players won multiple events – Taylor Paur, Andrew Lichtenberger, and Byron Kaverman all won two events, while Tom Marchese bested them all, booking three wins (and cashing six times), and winning the most money ($1.3 million) over the course of the series.
Considering their frequency, the tournaments were pretty successful, drawing an average of 30 players per event, with an average payout of $300k to the winner.
PokerNews.com has a complete breakdown of the series with a ton of other statistics.
– Paddy Power and Betfair shareholders have ok’ed the proposed merger between the two gaming titans.
– Chris Moorman took down another online tournament this weekend, 888’s $100k guaranteed, and is fast approaching $13 million in career online tournament winnings.
– In one of the stranger stories of the year, Atlantic City owes the Borgata some $60 million in tax refunds; a bill that is so large it might send the struggling city into bankruptcy. Considering how well run the Borgata is, the city might want to consider letting them run Atlantic City.
– British poker player Neil Channing sat down for an interview with Sky Poker where he discussed, among other things, his introduction to the game of poker.
– A month by month breakdown of the biggest stories in online gambling over the course of 2015, and 10 predictions for 2016.