Loni Harwood triumphs in WSOPC National Championship. The lives of poker players featured in several mainstream outlets. Vague cheating allegations surface on Twitter; tweets promptly deleted.
Loni Harwood wins bracelet #2
The World Series of Poker Circuit Series National Championship grabbed a lot of attention thanks to a sixth place finish by Daniel Negreanu, but in the end it fittingly came down to a heads-up battle between two circuit legends, Alex Masek (winner of 8 WSOPC Rings) and Loni Harwood, the circuit grinder who had a breakout summer in 2013 at the World Series of Poker where she won a bracelet and made three final tables.
Harwood defeated Masek, picking up her second WSOP bracelet (both in open events) in the process, and cementing herself as one of the top up and coming poker players in the game, male or female.
House of Cards – Poker Edition
The story of Chris Brand and Chad Power, roommates who made extremely deep runs in the 2015 WSOP Main Event, caught the eye of the Washington Post. The Post did a feature on Power’s grind house, a lab experiment in poker coaching and staking.
For poker players it’s a somewhat familiar tale. However, the public at large may have mixed feelings about this type of lifestyle.
– Real Gaming developer Lawrence Vaughn talks about the experience and problems he faced developing an online poker platform with the Las Vegas Review-Journal. Real Gaming has gotten off to a disappointing start in Nevada, but the platform is improving.
– Thinking Poker’s Andrew Brokos is dishing out solid advice to poker pros on how their behavior is perceived by the players they make a living off of.
– Shane “Shaniac” Schleger was featured in a Forbes column discussing everything from his not so recreational drug use to women in poker.
– Where are they now high stakes edition – the Dang brothers Hac and Di, two of the olnine poker boom’s most successful players.
– Online Poker Report lays out the missteps Yahoo has made since launching its real money DFS site.
– Phil Collins warns of potential cheating on Twitter, later removes tweets, but screenshots live forever.