Global Poker League changes playoff plans. Jason Somerville advocates for legal, regulated online poker. Daniel Negreanu suffers huge loss at Aria. And more.
Alex Dreyfus’s baby, the Global Poker League was supposed to sportify poker, and early on the league looked very promising. The league shot out of the starting blocks but eventually fell back to earth, and now looks to be dealing with some serious adversity, which has led to several potentially damaging setbacks.
As reported by Will Schillibier earlier today, the GPL will not be holding its playoffs at TwitchCon 2016 in San Diego, nor will it pack the Cube up and head to London for the finals, instead the Cube and the GPL will bunker down in Las Vegas. Dreyfus explained the reasons behind the changes in an interview with PokerNews.
Team PokerStars Pro Jason Somerville appeared on an episode of CNBC where he advocated for legalizing and regulating online poker in California, and across the United States. Somerville had to contend with the notorious anti-gambling Rev. James Butler, whose arguments were not only disputed by Somerville, but by the hosts of the show.
you can watch the segment here.
- In an all-too-familiar story for players still frequenting offshore online poker sites, poker player Alex Foxen has accused Americas Card Room of stealing over $11,000 from him and refusing to contact him.
— Alex Foxen (@WAFoxen) August 10, 2016
- According to a Gizmodo article, DFS players are growing increasingly concerned with the safety and security practices at DraftKings and FanDuel. According to the column, players have been asked to send sensitive information over what they deem to be unsecured channels.
- Scientific Games has replaced popular CEO Gavin Isaacs with Kevin Sheehan.
- Daniel Negreanu took a beating at the Aria poker tables, but it wasn’t his skillfulness with a deck of cards that caused KidPoker to lose his shirt ($436k according to Negreanu), rather it was some side bets he made with some of the other high stakes player in the game.
- Even with a new ruling by the Attorney General’s office, it appears the fight between tribal casinos and licensed card rooms over player-banked games in California card rooms is far from over.
|Don't want to deposit? Try free bankrolls.|
Major room, easy qualify
Good for MTT / SNGs Only
|Complete Online Poker Room Reviews|
|PlanetWin365 Promotion Code: 5CGQYAAAABZGE3TB|
|888 Poker Review and Bonus|
|Sky Casino and Poker Review|
|Bet365 Bonus Code: BONUS101|
Online since 2004, PartTimePoker.com brings together a unique combination of top-paying poker rakeback and prop offers and a variety of poker-related content including poker news, strategy articles, free poker training reviews and the latest Poker News and Gossip. PartTimePoker.com - your best source for online poker.
PTP offers several rakeback and free bankroll offers for our viewers. If you're not familiar with rakeback, read our guide to online poker rakeback. To learn how much you could be earning with rakeback, check out our rakeback calculator.
Free and no deposit bankrolls (also called free poker money) are essentially promotional deals we've arranged with rooms where they give you a small amount of money (usually $10-$150) started.