Online poker or daily fantasy sports; who you got? DraftKings hasn’t been lobbying in Massachusetts. AGA and NIGA meet at G2E. Matt Glantz and Parx Poker Room part ways.
An article at CNBC.com takes a look at the skillfulness of DFS and online poker, and comes to the somewhat debatable conclusion that online poker is easily the more skillful game.
The article draws on several experts to make the point for and against online poker being more skillful (mostly for) and is an interesting read for anyone trying to understand the parallels between the two.
One of those experts, two-time WPT Champion Andy Frankenberger, also touched on another hypocritical aspect of this debate: “It’s a joke that between online poker and daily fantasy, poker is the one that’s widely prohibited in this country,” Frankenberger said.
- Do you hear that? It’s silence, and surprisingly, this is apparently the amount of contact DraftKings has had with the legislature in their home state of Massachusetts according to Massachusetts Representative Joe Wagner. However, that appears to be changing in the near future as the company is looking to hire a “manager of government affairs” in what appears to be a ramping up of lobbying efforts.
- The American Gaming Association (AGA) and the National Indian Gaming Association (NIGA) had a historic sit down meeting at G2E 2015. The two associations have had their issues with one another, particularly when the AGA was under the leadership of Frank Fahrenkoepf. It appears that the relationship is steadily improving under new AGA President Geoffrey Freeman.
- The creator of Bodog’s recreational model, Jonas Odman, outlined his vision for a DFS recreational model at CalvinAyre.com.
- Matt Glantz and Parx Poker Room have parted ways.
- 888 announces a $1 million guaranteed poker tournament series, the Super XL Series.
|Don't want to deposit? Try free bankrolls.|
Major room, easy qualify
Good for MTT / SNGs Only
|Complete Online Poker Room Reviews|
|Bet365 Bonus Code: PBONUS|
|PlanetWin365 Promotion Code: 5CGQYAAAABZGE3TB|
|888 Poker Review and Bonus|
|Sky Casino and Poker Review|
Online since 2004, PartTimePoker.com brings together a unique combination of top-paying poker rakeback and prop offers and a variety of poker-related content including poker news, strategy articles, free poker training reviews and the latest Poker News and Gossip. PartTimePoker.com - your best source for online poker.
PTP offers several rakeback and free bankroll offers for our viewers. If you're not familiar with rakeback, read our guide to online poker rakeback. To learn how much you could be earning with rakeback, check out our rakeback calculator.
Free and no deposit bankrolls (also called free poker money) are essentially promotional deals we've arranged with rooms where they give you a small amount of money (usually $10-$150) started.