What’s driving Full Tilt’s recent fall from the Top 10? ‘Educa-p0ker’ was January’s biggest winner at the online poker tables. Strategy guide for Holdem X. And more.
Full Tilt Poker’s fall from the Top 10
With everything that is transpiring at PokerStars (from 2015’s controversial VIP changes to the most recent rumors of CEO David Baazov considering an all-cash bid to take the company private) Full Tilt Poker’s fall out of the Top 10 (the site was ranked #3 in the world about a year ago) in the online poker traffic rankings has largely been overlooked.
Fortunately, poker writer and data analyst Robert DellaFave took the time to catalogue the site’s freefall, and offer up some potential reasons as to why it’s happening, dating back to the site’s last software overhaul.
Among the possible culprits identified by DellaFave are:
- Rake and VIP changes that coincided with the software overhaul
- The failure of the site’s “jackpot” game The Deal to catch on
– Who was the big winner in the online cash games over the course of January? Not someone very many people are aware of, as it wasn’t Isildur1 or Doug Polk, but rather Andres ‘Educa-p0ker’ Artinano, who was the biggest winner last month, clearing over $800k.
– Poker Update takes a look at seven of the top young players in the game. Some of their choices are pretty well-known and some not so much.
– Interested in playing the new poker game Holdem X but not sure about the strategies of the new game? I put together a quick primer on one highly successful strategy that should allow you to compete with most players. Check it out here.
– Ian Otobo came out on top in the WPT Deepstacks Malta Main Event, pocketing just over €20k for his efforts.
– In an announcement that will probably cause the twoplustwo high stakes forum’s collective heads to explode, PokerStars, for the fourth consecutive year, has been named Poker Operator of the Year by the International Gaming Awards.
– Sad news to report, as the body of missing poker player Richard Cole was found in an Amsterdam canal.