Hit and Run: Historic WSOP Performance by McKeehen; DFS on the Outs in NY; Remembering Planet Poker
Joe McKeehen’s utter domination of the final table of the WSOP Main Event was historic. DFS is now illegal in New York. Negreanu beats ElkY in Hearthstone match.
Joe McKeehen dominates WSOP Final Table start to finish
In one of the most dominant performances in tournament poker history, Joe McKeehen won the 2015 World Series of Poker Main Event Championship.
McKeehen came to the final table with an overwhelming chip lead on the rest of the field, and throughout the three day final table he was never really tested.
— Mike Green (@HuuKiwi) November 11, 2015
Here are the final results from the 2015 WSOP Main Event:
- Joe McKeehen – $7,683,346
- Josh Beckley – $4,470,896
- Neil Blumenfield – $3,398,298
- Max Steinberg – $2,615,361
- Ofer Zvi Stern – $1,911,423
- Thomas Cannuli – $1,426,283
- Pierre Neuville – $1,203,293
- Federico Butteroni – $1,097,056
- Patrick Chan – $1,001,020
NY Attorney General gives DFS the boot
Just prior to the start of the WSOP Main Event news broke that New York Attorney General Eric Schneiderman had finished his investigation into daily fantasy sports and concluded the games are indeed gambling. The New York Times reported that Schneiderman sent cease and desist letters to FanDuel and DraftKing, giving them five days to comply.
This story is still developing, as it appears FanDuel and DraftKings will fight the ruling in court. Stay tuned.
– Daniel Negreanu took on video gamer turned poker pro Bertrand “ElkY” Grospellier in the game Hearthstone. Negreanu has been playing a lot of Hearthstone of late (a combination of a video game and card game) and managed to come out victorious in his match with ElkY.
– During his bustout interview, third place finisher Neil Blumenfield thanked a lot of people, including his sponsor, 888 Poker, which led to Blumenfield calling for the return of online poker to the United States.
– PocketFives looks back at the early history of online poker with an interesting read about the original online poker room, Planet Poker.
– Massachusetts Attorney General Maura Healey has indicated she’ll release regulations for daily fantasy sports by the end of the year.