Harry Reid won’t push for RAWA this year. Big One for One Drop a success or a failure? Pennsylvania and Michigan online gambling bills in play. And more.
In a rare non-paywalled column, Gambling Compliance’s Tony Batt relayed a recent interview he conducted with outgoing Senator Harry Reid (D-NV).
According to Batt, Reid told him he has no plans to push for a federal online gambling ban during the upcoming lame duck session of Congress. The potential for this to happen was a major concern among iGaming advocates, as Reid has been buddying up to Sheldon Adelson in recent years and not at all a fan of online gambling in general. The fear was a federal iGaming ban might be Reid’s version of a going away with present.
The interview is a must read for anyone who follows online gaming or sports betting, as Reid touched on both topics.
- Was the Big One for One Drop Extravaganza a success or a failure? The poker community seems split on the answer to this question, so I took a look at both sides of the success/failure debate. Not surprisingly, it was probably a little bit of both.
- US online poker players will have their eyes glued on Pennsylvania on Tuesday and Wednesday, as the state holds back-to-back hearings in the House Gaming Oversight Committee, in what many hope is a precursor to an online gambling bill being passed.
- Ben Tollerene had a good weekend at the online tournament tables, as the cash game legend took down the PokerStars Sunday Grand, pocketing over $60k. Here’s a recap of all of this past weekend’s online poker tournament action from PocketFives.com.
- Pennsylvania may get the bulk of the attention, but don’t sleep on Michigan. A surprise entrant into the online gaming conversation this summer, Michigan is still very much in play per reporting by Brian Pempus.
- Darren Elias won event #18 at the WPT Jacksonville BestBet series. Elias had to beat a tough final table that included Tyler Patterson and Mike Dentale.
— World Poker Tour (@WPT) October 17, 2016
|Don't want to deposit? Try free bankrolls.|
Major room, easy qualify
Good for MTT / SNGs Only
|Complete Online Poker Room Reviews|
|Bet365 Bonus Code: PBONUS|
|PlanetWin365 Promotion Code: 5CGQYAAAABZGE3TB|
|888 Poker Review and Bonus|
|Sky Casino and Poker Review|
Online since 2004, PartTimePoker.com brings together a unique combination of top-paying poker rakeback and prop offers and a variety of poker-related content including poker news, strategy articles, free poker training reviews and the latest Poker News and Gossip. PartTimePoker.com - your best source for online poker.
PTP offers several rakeback and free bankroll offers for our viewers. If you're not familiar with rakeback, read our guide to online poker rakeback. To learn how much you could be earning with rakeback, check out our rakeback calculator.
Free and no deposit bankrolls (also called free poker money) are essentially promotional deals we've arranged with rooms where they give you a small amount of money (usually $10-$150) started.