Gus Hansen’s back at it, barely a year since he quit. Winamax users can enjoy DFS legally in the coming soccer season. William Hill may be out, but Rank hasn’t turned its back on 888 yet. And more.
Earlier this week, we took at a look at Fedor Holz’s recent Super High Roller win, pointing out the humor in it since just a month before, at the WSOP, Holz had claimed he was retiring from poker. He’s not the only one who’s had a hard time staying away from the tables, however. Gus Hansen has done better, staying away for more like a year than Holz’s month, but that’s understandable given that their reasons for hanging up the gloves were very different. Holz felt he’d won enough and wanted to pursue other things, while Hansen had suffered a couple of years of huge losses, and decided it was time to admit he could not longer compete with the best of the best.
There has to be an element of masochism involved, then, in Hansen’s decision to return not just to poker, but to the ultra high-stakes mixed games; if you feel you can’t keep up with the game’s top talents, that’s not the place you want to go to avoid them… but then again, Hansen has admitted in the past that he’s “terrible at table selection.”
- A total of five people now face felony charges in an Arizona poker room raid. Commercial gambling is illegal in the state, except for tribal casinos.
- Daily fantasy sports have been regulated in France, and the just-started Ligue 1 season is the first opportunity for sites to offer DFS to their customers, with Winamax being the first to take advantage.
- Things continue to be more of a slog for DFS in the US, and the debate’s become quite acrimonious. Someone here at PartTimePoker, posting under the generic “Staff” account has had a few words to say about DFS supporters and their ability to handle criticism.
- William Hill has firmly rejected the proposal for a three-way merger with Rank and 888 Holdings, but the latter two haven’t taken the possibility of a two-way deal off the table quite yet.
- After a long hiatus, I took up my Beyond Poker column again, reviewing another minimalist, bluffing-based card game, called Coup.
|Don't want to deposit? Try free bankrolls.|
Major room, easy qualify
Good for MTT / SNGs Only
|Complete Online Poker Room Reviews|
|PlanetWin365 Promotion Code: 5CGQYAAAABZGE3TB|
|Sky Casino Poker Review: No Deposit Bonus|
|Bet365 Bonus Code: BONUS101|
Online since 2004, PartTimePoker.com brings together a unique combination of top-paying poker rakeback and prop offers and a variety of poker-related content including poker news, strategy articles, free poker training reviews and the latest Poker News and Gossip. PartTimePoker.com - your best source for online poker.
PTP offers several rakeback and free bankroll offers for our viewers. If you're not familiar with rakeback, read our guide to online poker rakeback. To learn how much you could be earning with rakeback, check out our rakeback calculator.
Free and no deposit bankrolls (also called free poker money) are essentially promotional deals we've arranged with rooms where they give you a small amount of money (usually $10-$150) started.