PokerStars announces another live event at Resorts Casino in New Jersey. Congressional DFS hearing agenda revealed. A look at the GPL five weeks in. And more.
We’re now five weeks into the inaugural season of the Global Poker League, and while the preseason favorite New York Rounders are on top in the Americas Conference, the surprising Sao Paulo Metropolitans are suddenly nipping at their heels. This is an interesting development, as little was expected out of the Mets before the season began, and they struggled to amass points during the first few weeks.
Over in the Eurasia Conference the Paris Aviators continue to roll, with the Moscow Wolverines close behind. On the opposite side of the coin, the preseason favorite London Royals are way back in fourth place, and appear to be falling.
PokerNews.com has the latest results and a breakdown of the standing for the GPL, which you can find here.
- The agenda for Wednesday’s Congressional hearing on daily fantasy sports (and possibly sports betting and online gambling) is now available. You can read it here.
- A recent study says that despite the industry’s current growth trends, and even though they’ve managed to stave off cannibalization from other states, Pennsylvania’s casino industry is in store for a downturn. I disagree with this assessment for a variety of reasons, but Quick Takes isn’t the place to hash them out.
- There’s been quite a bit of chatter over the WSOP adding credit cards to their list of accepted payment processing methods (for tournaments up to $1,500). I laid out the pros and cons of using plastic to enter WSOP tournaments in this column at US Poker.
- Bernie Sanders isn’t a big fan of gambling, but his most recent remarks about Atlantic City casinos are his strongest to date. Sanders was quoted blasting the industry as “greedy” and “reckless” in a recent Wall Street Journal article.
- PokerStars is going to be hosting an international tournament, the live final of the Americas Cup of Poker at Resorts Casino in New Jersey at the end of June. This will be the second live event Resorts and PokerStars will have hosted; the first being this week’s Run It Up Resorts Rumble hosted by Jason Somerville.
|Don't want to deposit? Try free bankrolls.|
Major room, easy qualify
Good for MTT / SNGs Only
|Complete Online Poker Room Reviews|
|PlanetWin365 Promotion Code: 5CGQYAAAABZGE3TB|
|888 Poker Review and Bonus|
|Sky Casino and Poker Review|
|Bet365 Bonus Code: BONUS101|
Online since 2004, PartTimePoker.com brings together a unique combination of top-paying poker rakeback and prop offers and a variety of poker-related content including poker news, strategy articles, free poker training reviews and the latest Poker News and Gossip. PartTimePoker.com - your best source for online poker.
PTP offers several rakeback and free bankroll offers for our viewers. If you're not familiar with rakeback, read our guide to online poker rakeback. To learn how much you could be earning with rakeback, check out our rakeback calculator.
Free and no deposit bankrolls (also called free poker money) are essentially promotional deals we've arranged with rooms where they give you a small amount of money (usually $10-$150) started.